Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Review: Wait for the Rain

Title: Wait for the Rain
23744207Author: Maria Murnane
281 pages, published February 2015

Note: I received this book from the author to facilitate my review. I received no other compensation, and all opinions are my own.

From Goodreads:


Daphne White is staring down the barrel of forty—and is distraught at what she sees. Her ex-husband is getting remarried, her teenage daughter hardly needs her anymore, and the career she once dreamed about has somehow slipped from her grasp. She’s almost lost sight of the spirited and optimistic young woman she used to be.

As she heads off to a Caribbean island to mark the new decade with her best friends from college, Daphne’s in anything but the mood to celebrate. But when she meets Clay Hanson, a much younger man, she ignores her inner voice warning her that she’s too old for a fling. In fact, this tropical getaway might be the perfect opportunity to picture her future in a new sun-drenched light.

With the help of her friends, Daphne rediscovers her enthusiasm for life, as well as her love for herself—and realizes that her best years are still ahead.



What a fantastic read! After reading my review of The Year We Turned Forty, Maria reached out to me to read this book and her upcoming novel Bridges, which features the same characters. Boy am I glad she did! I thoroughly enjoyed the book from beginning to end and was hooked right from the beginning.

I loved the characters! I want to be friends with Daphne, Skylar and KC in real life!  I related to all three of them in one way or another.  How fun to take a tropical vacation with your best friends! As someone who hates being cold, I adore reading books set in tropical locations so I can picture myself there and virtually feel the warmth. This book was perfect for that!

This book had a good balance of girl time, character development, and romance (Clay Hanson--swoon!), all with the perfect beach setting. I definitely recommend it for your next vacation read, or when you're desperately wishing winter was over and need something to read to feel better about the fact that it's not over yet. You'll love this read!

Overall rating for "Wait for the Rain": 4.5 stars

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great. I accepted Bridges to read and review and good to hear the previous books are a satisfying read.

    ReplyDelete