Thursday, March 10, 2016

Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts

This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.

1. So I absolutely loved A Discovery of Witches. And now I'm reading the second one, Shadow of Night.  While the story is good and picks up where Witches left off, I'm not as engrossed in this one as the first one.  I'm still working my way through it (slowly) but not quite the same level of I HAVE TO FINISH THIS as the first one. Hoping it picks up in the third one.

2. It's March but I'm already ready for summer. All I want to read are beach reads. My two recent reads were Nobody But You by Jill Shalvis (review will post March 30) and The Girls of Mischief Bay by Susan Mallery. Come on, summer!

3. I quit the TBR Pile Challenge. I was failing miserably and it was stressing me out. There. I said it. I am not ashamed!

4. I'm in love with the HGTV show Fixer Upper! Tuesday's episode was amazing! Anyone else share my love? I can't get enough!  Chip and Jo need to come to Oregon and completely redo my house!

5. In 50 days (but who's counting) I'm going on a girls trip to Kona, Hawaii with my mom and and a family friend! I am sooooo excited. Is it too early to start packing? Excited for lots of sunshine, warmth, beautiful sunsets, sand, ocean, and reading time :)

6. THIS FACE. I posted this on instagram but had to share again. He's so adorable when he's sleeping! Today he is exactly one year and nine months old :)




That's all for this week! Happy Thursday!

8 comments:

  1. A girls trip to Hawaii sounds amazing!! I'd be counting down the days, too!!

    I'm sorry the second book in the series isn't as good. Hopefully it picks up soon.

    No shame in quitting reading challenges. I stopped doing them because they stressed me out too much. Took the fun out of reading for me.

    I'm starting to collect some summer/beach themed reads. I'm SO ready for nice weather!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read more in it last night and it picked up a little, so there is some hope!

      Delete
  2. Oh, what fun! I have never been to Hawaii....

    I haven't watched Fixer Upper, but I may have to do that...I used to be obsessed with HGTV shows. I love seeing how people have their homes transformed with a little help.

    Here's MY BOOKISH THURSDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hawaii is amazing and totally worth going to! Definitely somewhere you should go! It's so relaxing!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have the most wonderful time in Hawaii... I must admit I am slightly envious!!

    It may seem like a negative thing that you quite the challenge, but it's really quite the opposite. It's good to let things go when they just aren't working out for you.

    I hope this second book works out well for you... When it comes to series that's the issue I always find, the following books never live up to the first, and that is why I rarely ever finish a series.

    I hope you have a wonderful upcoming weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade! Everyone is making me feel better about quitting the challenge!

      You have a great weekend as well :)

      Delete
  5. Your pup is almost the exact same age as my dog. :) By my math my dog is about 2 weeks older.

    ReplyDelete