Thursday, February 18, 2016

BBAW: Staying Connected

CommunityConnection

This week is Book Blogger Appreciation Week, hosted by The Estella Society! Today's topic:

How do you stay connected to the community? Examples: social media, regular commenting, participation in blog events, etc. Tell us your faves!

I have been fortunate to meet and connect with some awesome book bloggers! One of my "blogger BFFs" is Brandie from Brandie is a Book Junkie, and I met her through my favorite way of connecting with other bloggers and readers, which is Bout of Books! It's an AWESOME week long readathon, with so many awesome participants, twitter chats, daily challenges, and all around fun. If you haven't gotten involved yet, I HIGHLY suggest you do so! The next Bout of Books is coming up May 9-15, 2016.

I also use Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. I have the most success connecting with others through Twitter and Instagram, from my experience. I also connect with other bloggers and get book recommendations through Goodreads. I also try to read other blogger's posts and comment on their posts to show support. I know how much work blogging takes and I enjoy reading others' posts so much and learning about new books, and other people's perspectives on books.

I also participate in Weekly Memes--most often Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, Book Beginnings Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader, and It's Monday, What Are You Reading? hosted by The Book Date.

What about you? How do you stay connected in the blogging world?

8 comments:

  1. Seems like you are very connected! Good for you. It's fun being able to talk books with people who are interested whether it's on their blogs or through all the social media. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true! Connecting through blogging is a great way for an introvert to find other book lovers :) Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, I forgot how much I love Bout of Books!! It's definitely where I got most of my book blogging friends. Twitter and Instagram are the beeeest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Can't wait for Bout of Books in May!!

      Delete
  3. I'm just getting back into blogging and I can't wait to do the next Bout of Books event-I love readathons!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for getting back into blogging! It's so much fun!

      Delete
  4. Commenting is a large part of how I stay connected - oh, and weekly memes. This year I'm hoping to participate in more events so thanks for mentioning Bout of Books, because I'm interested in that!

    Brandie is great, isn't she?!

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahoo! I love all the kitty paws! I love what you say about making sure to comment. It's hard to stick to this blogging thing when you feel life no one is reading or commenting on your blog.

    ReplyDelete