Monday, February 15, 2016

BBAW: Introduce Yourself!

Day OneIntroduce yourself


This week is Book Blogger Appreciation Week hosted by The Estella Society! Today's topic is to introduce yourself, and list five books that represent your interests/lifestyle. Easier said than done, but here's my list!

3273

I have a love affair with Hawaii. It's my happy place. I love the culture, and the relaxed lifestyle. I also LOVE reading historical fiction, and this book is GOREGOUS. Absolutely brilliant.

210204

My undergraduate degree was in Psychology, and my graduate degree was in Health Education. I spent a few years teaching a Freshman Year Experience seminar until the program was cut. I absolutely love learning about the brain, and this is one of my favorite books I read in grad school!  Yes, I am a nerd :)

377536

This book is about an animal behaviorist, and represents both my love of psychology and my love for animals! I have a Black Lab and four cats, and I am a huge animal lover!


12262741

Though I'm not a hard core hiker or anything, I do love the outdoors and live  in the beautiful state of Oregon, which allows for so many fun activities! 


5139

I LOVE this book. It's one  I can re-read over and over again. If I'm feeling too stressed out about work, this makes me feel better :)

I look forward to chatting with other BBAW participants at the Twitter Parties!

25 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! I loved Wild and Moloka'i, and you simply cannot go wrong with The Devil Wears Prada. It's delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm adding Moloka'i to my list. I really should do a reread of Devil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moloka'i is simply amazing! If you love historical fiction it is a must read!

      Delete
  3. I have wanted to read The Devil Wears Prada for a long time and have just not made time. And Moloka'i is also on my list. I'm loving seeing all the diversity of books selected!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Devil Wears Prada is HILARIOUS! A must read!

      Delete
  4. I have Wild on my list for this year. There is such a range of topics in your list. I love this idea of introducing yourself through books. Not even sure where I'd begin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! It was a fun (but challenging) post!

      Delete
  5. I love reading books set in Hawaii -- and all the places we've lived. It's so fun to read books about places you've actually been! I STILL need to read "Honolulu" by Brennert. Maybe I'll read it right before our move and it'll get me in a Hawaii state of mind!

    I looked up "Behaving Badly" and it sounds cute! I basically love anything that includes dogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honolulu is also fantastic--but I preferred Moloka'i. Any other "set in Hawaii" recommendations for me??

      Delete
  6. The brain book sounds interesting but the cover is a little disturbing, lol. I've never thought of reading The Devil Wears Prada but it's calling to me now. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Wild last year and really loved it, though I have absolutely no interest in through-hiking myself! Moloka'i is a book I'd like to read someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there's no way I could do that level of hiking! But fun to read about!

      Delete
  8. I will have to remember Devil Wears Prada when I want a laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hawaii is my happy place as well but I can't remember if I've ever read a book set there. Isn't that strange? I think my literary happy places must be separate from my real life ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a n interesting concept!! Real life happy places vs. literary happy places....! Sounds like a blog post in the making!

      Delete
  10. cool choices! Wild is great, the movie too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I also enjoyed the movie Wild, though of course I liked the book better :)

      Delete
  11. I LOVED Wild when I read it. It was one the first book I reviewed on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved The Devil Wears Prada! I've only read it once since my original reading, but it is definitely a book you can reread and I see why it helps when you're feeling stressed out. Have you seen the film?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love the movie too but of course the book is better :)

      Delete
  13. Moloka'i is one of those books I've seen recommended FOREVER. You'd think I'd pay attention and buy the thing already. The Devil Wears Prada is on my shelves and I'd forgotten about it, so thanks for the reminder! And thanks for being with us for BBAW! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've GOT to get Moloka'i! It's so wonderful. Thanks for reading my blog, and hosting BBAW!

      Delete