Friday, January 29, 2016

Book Beginnings Friday: Darkly, Deeply, Beautifully


Book Beginnings Fridays is a weekly event hosted by fellow Oregon blogger Gilion at Rose City Reader.  The purpose is to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

Today I'm starting Darkly, Deeply Beautiuflly, the fifth and final book in the Ceruleans series by Megan Tayte! I LOVE this series! Look for my Release Day Party post for this book on February 16, and my review on February 18! Here are the first couple lines:

"I began the day in my usual way: telling my sister that no, she was not permitted to kill our mother. My sister began the day in her usual way: turning a threat to murder into a blazing row."


28468307DARKNESS HAS FALLEN, AND SHE ALONE WILL SEE THE LIGHT.

The Ceruleans: mere mortals infused with power over life and death. Five books; one question: If the might of the heavens were in your hands, would you be sinner or saint?

With her mother’s life hanging in the balance, Scarlett is devastated – and done with being in the dark. She wants answers, all of them.

But when was her pursuit of the truth ever straightforward?

Pulling a single thread impels a great unravelling. And each revelation will force Scarlett to rethink what she thought she knew about the Ceruleans, the Fallen, her family – herself.

All that came before was a mere prelude to this, the last journey. From London to Twycombe to Hollythwaite to Cerulea, Scarlett will be stalked by the ghosts of what has been, what may have been and what may come to pass. Until she reaches the place where it all began, and it all must end.

But in the final reckoning, none will survive unscathed. And some will not survive at all.

In this explosive conclusion to The Ceruleans series, all must be defined by their actions: sinner, saint… or something more beautiful entirely?


Happy Friday! What books are you beginning this weekend?

5 comments:

  1. I'm definitely intrigued by the beginning. It makes me wonder what's going on. I like the blurb. This sounds like a fun book! Glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the 5th book in the series and it's AMAZING!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm not sure this is something I'd read, but your quotes leave me wondering. Here's mine Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of this series, but it certainly sounds intriguing! :)

    Check out my Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings).

    ReplyDelete