Wednesday, December 2, 2015

2016 TBR Pile Challenge

It's an issue we all have: stacks of books on our home shelves, that we bought with all intentions of reading soon, but then so many other new books, library books, NetGalley books, etc. caught our eye. It's certainly a problem for me, which is why I decided to sign up for the 2016 TBR Pile Challenge hosted by Bookish Lifestyle! Estella's Revenge Book Blog is also doing something similar called Read My Own Damn Books--that title cracks me up. I will be following the rules for the TBR Pile challenge but can't resist using the #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks hashtag in addition to the #2016TBRPile one.

Challenge Guidelines:
  1. The challenged will run from January 1, 2016 - December 31, 2016. The sign up link below will remain open until November 30, 2016 at 12:00pm.
  2. Anyone can enter! You don't have to be a blogger, just as long as you review the book you've read. You can review on your book on your blog, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, etc.
  3. Any genre, length, or format of book counts as long as it is a book that's been sitting on your self for some time. Short stories and novellas do count! The only stipulations that the book must have been released in 2015 or earlier. No 2016 ARCs or 2016 fresh-off-the-press releases allowed.
  4. On the last Monday of every other month (see schedule here), we will post a wrap-up for the previous two months. These posts will be done by one our bloggers and will contain new linky for you to add your own wrap-up posts or reviews.
  5. You don't have to follow Bookish to join the challenge, but you do have to follow us to be entered in the giveaways.
  6. Use #2016TBRPile to keep in contact with fellow challenge participants, to encourage each other on, and make new friends!
How many books are you planning to read for this challenge?
1-10 A Firm Handshake
11-20 A Friendly Hug
21-30 First Kiss
31-40 Sweet Summer Fling
41-50 Could This Be Love?
50+ Married with Children

I don't have my official list compiled yet but when I do I will add it! Looking forward to this challenge!

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great idea! I am going to consider doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're in! I seriously couldn't resist the #ReadMyOwnDamnBooks hashtag. I regularly say to myself, "Just read your own damn books."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea combining them! Two birds with one stone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've committed to at least 2 a month, but I hope I'll do many more than that as I have WAY too many on my TBR list. Best of luck to you! I'll be back to see how you're doing. :)

    Lori
    http://lori-dustypages.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete