Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Top Ten Quotes I Loved from Books I Read Last Year


Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's theme is Top Ten Quotes I Loved from Books I Read in the Last Year. I l ve quotes, so this is a great topic! Here's the list:



1. “When you find love, you take it. You grab it with both hands and you do everything in your power not to let it go. You can’t just walk away from it and expect it to linger until you’re ready for it.”  November 9, by Colleen Hoover

2.  “I know Simon and I will always be enemies.. But I thought maybe we'd get to a point where we didn't want to be.” Carry On, by Rainbow Rowell

3.  “When I say the things that don't make sense you answer me anyway. It's like having green in your shirt.”  A Madness So Disreeet, by Minday McGinnis

4. “I guess people can't be content without answers, even if they're wrong. We'd rather have a lie than a question that we can never know the answer to.” The Sacred Lies of Minnow Bly, by Stephanie Oakes

5.   “Spoiler alert: Love is worth everything. Everything.”  Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

6. “You have to grow about eight hundred grapes to get just one bottle of wine. If that isn’t an argument to finish the bottle, I don’t know what is." (Anonymous). Eight Hundred Grapes, by Laura Dave

7. “Life doesn't work out the way we plan, but maybe it works out the way it's supposed to after all.”  The Sweetness of Forgetting, by Kristin Harmel

8.c“Don't think of introversion as something that needs to be cured.”  Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World that Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain

9. “I know there may be universes out there where I made different choices and they led me somewhere else, led me to someone else. And my heart breaks for every single version of me that didn't end up with you.” Maybe in Another Life, by Taylor Jenkins Reid

10.   “Because failure isn't an option if success is just a matter of more effort.”  A Dog's Purpose, by W. Bruce Cameron

What are some of your favorite quotes from books you read this year? 

Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. Great ones!! I especially love 1, 6, & 9!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great quotes but number 8 resonates with me the most... As did the book itself!

    Reading With Jade

    ReplyDelete