Thursday, September 3, 2015

Review: Rainy Day Sisters

Title: Rainy Day Sisters
23398707Author: Kate Hewitt
368 pages, published August 4, 2015
Genre: Women's Fiction

Note: I received this book from NetGalley to facilitate my review. I received no other compensation, and all opinions are my own.

From Goodreads:

When Lucy Bagshaw’s life in Boston falls apart, thanks to a scathing editorial written by her famous artist mother, she accepts her half sister Juliet’s invitation to stay with her in a charming seaside village in northern England. Lucy is expecting quaint cottages and cream teas, but instead finds that her sister is an aloof host, the weather is wet, windy, and cold, and her new boss, Alex Kincaid, is a disapproving widower who only hired her as a favor to Juliet.

Despite the invitation she offered, Juliet is startled by the way Lucy catapults into her orderly life. As Juliet faces her own struggles with both her distant mother and her desire for a child, her sister’s irrepressible optimism begins to take hold. With the help of quirky villagers, these hesitant rainy day sisters begin to forge a new understanding…and find in each other the love of family that makes all the difference.


My Review:

What a charming book! Naturally, the cover drew me to this book, but once I started reading it I couldn't stop. I loved both sisters--such great characters. I loved how both sisters were in relatively similar situations in their life but expressing it in different ways. I rooted for both sisters throughout the book, and loved the ending. A secondary character I really fell in love with was Bella--I loved her connection with Lucy.

The setting was so lovely! I read this book in August and it's been 90 degrees out--this book made me wish desperately for rain, blankets, coffee and my couch. I wanted to be IN Hartley-by-the-Sea, in Juliet's cute little B&B, while reading this book.

If you're looking for a book that makes you feel good, this is the perfect one. I loved everything about the book, and hope for future Hartley-by-the-Sea novels!

Overall rating for "Rainy Day Sisters" : 4.5 stars

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Well of course you liked the cover! Peyton's on it! :)

    ReplyDelete