Monday, September 14, 2015

Review: Everything Everything

Title: Everything Everything
18692431Author: Nicola Yoon
320 pages, published September 1, 2015
Genre: YA Contemporary

Note: I received this book from NetGalley to facilitate my review. I received no other compensation, and all opinions are my own.

From Goodreads:

My disease is as rare as it is famous. Basically, I’m allergic to the world. I don’t leave my house, have not left my house in seventeen years. The only people I ever see are my mom and my nurse, Carla.

But then one day, a moving truck arrives next door. I look out my window, and I see him. He’s tall, lean and wearing all black—black T-shirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and a black knit cap that covers his hair completely. He catches me looking and stares at me. I stare right back. His name is Olly.

Maybe we can’t predict the future, but we can predict some things. For example, I am certainly going to fall in love with Olly. It’s almost certainly going to be a disaster.

My Review:

I've read quite a few reviews on this book, as it has a lot of hype--and I promised myself I wouldn't have the cheesy yet obvious opening line for my review. BUT....I just can't resist. What did I love about this book? EVERYTHING. EVERYTHING.  I cannot express how much I loved this book. I don't think I've felt this much love for a book since Eleanor and Park!

The writing style and format of the book is unique and entertaining. I loved the chapters that were simply instant message conversations between Madeline and Olly.  I loved the "Madeline's Dictionary" chapters. I loved the "Life is Short" book reviews. I loved the drawings. I loved all of it!

Yoon perfectly captures the emotion of first love in this book, along with the devastation of Madeline's disease.I loved both her and Olly as characters, but especially Madeline.  This book is emotional, real, heartfelt, beautiful, and amazing!

Read this book NOW. It is brilliant. 

Overall rating for "Everything Everything" : 5 stars

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I was already convinced I had to read this book, but you have definitely made me want to read it SOON. Especially if you loved it as much or more than E&P, because I adored that book. I'm so glad to see how much you enjoyed this one. Great review!

    ReplyDelete