Monday, June 22, 2015

Review: Wild Blue Yonder (Ceruleans #3)

25597155Title: Wild Blue Yonder (Ceruleans #3)
Author: Megan Tayte
312 pages, published May 31, 2015
Genre:YA paranormal romance

Note: I received this book from the author to facilitate my review. I received no other compensation, and all opinions are my own.

From Goodreads:

When Scarlett Blake chose life-after-death as a Cerulean, she expected to grieve for all she left behind: her boyfriend, her best friend, her mother, her home. But at least Cerulea, her heaven, would be… well, heavenly. Right?

Wrong.

The world in which Scarlett awakens is very far from her idea of a utopia. Picturesque, sure, and serene. But there can be no paradise within the unforgiving walls of a prison, be they of cold, hard stone or beautifully blue water.

Now Scarlett faces her hardest decision yet: be a good, dutiful Cerulean, or be true to herself and fight for freedom.

And if she can find a way to escape, what then? Can she finally reunite with her lost sister? Can she save Sienna from the murderous Fallen? Can she evade her destiny with the Ceruleans?   Can Scarlett Blake ever reclaim her life-before-death… or must she let go of all she loves?


My Review:

Another fantastic book in the Ceruleans series! These books just keep getting better and better. This one was my favorite so far.  You get A LOT of answers to your questions from books 1 and 2--which is great! I was always so curious about Jude and wanted to learn more about him, and this book  definitely gave me that.  I ended up liking Jude a lot more and really understanding where he's coming from after reading this book.

As in the first two books, the writing is engaging, effortless, and leaves you wanting more. I was so invested in Scarlett and what she was learning about Cerulea and going through emotionally.  I felt like I was on the journey with her and was eager to learn more.

I don't want to give too much away here...but know that this book satisfies your need to know more about Cerulea, but still leaves you hanging on Scarlett's next moves in Book 4. It doesn't drag at all like books in series sometimes can.   I can't say enough good things about this series. It is a gem that deserves to be read--I'm anxious to read book 4!

Overall rating for "Wild Blue Yonder": 5 Stars

Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment