Friday, June 12, 2015

Kindle Kandy #2

Kindle Kandy Plain 

 Kindle Kandy is a Friday weekly bookish feature hosted by The Book Dame. We scan our shelves and eReaders to rediscover books that we own but have not read, to this point little more than shelf or Kindle Kandy.  To many books and too little time and all that jazz.

LOVE this idea of this meme!  Here's my Kindle Kandy for this week:

By Adriana Trigiani 
352 pages, published November 2013
Genre: Women's Fiction

From Goodreads:

For over a hundred years, the Angelini Shoe Company in Greenwich Village has relied on the leather produced by Vechiarelli & Son in Tuscany. This historic business partnership provides the twist of fate for Valentine Roncalli, the school teacher turned shoemaker, to fall in love with Gianluca Vechiarelli, a tanner with a complex past . . . and a secret.

A piece of surprising news is revealed at The Feast of the Seven Fishes when Valentine and Gianluca join her extended family on a fateful Christmas Eve. Now faced with life altering choices, Valentine remembers the wise words that inspired her in the early days of her beloved Angelini Shoe Company: "A person who can build a pair of shoes can do just about anything." The proud, passionate Valentine is going to fight for everything she wants and savor all she deserves -- the bitter and the sweetness of life itself.

I absolutely LOVED The Shoemaker's Wife, but then read a couple of her other books and wasn't excited. Bought this one on a $1.99 sale awhile back to give her another try and haven't gotten to it yet!

Happy Friday and Happy Reading!


5 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting and I love the cover! It's fun to rediscover old books we forgot about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That title alone! I have had The Shoemakers Wife on both my TBR and my physical shelf for a long while. I am sure that you will see it pop up on Kindle Kandy at some point. This book sounds wonderful! I hope that you get time in your reading schedule to read it and that it is a great read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Shoemaker's Wife is a beautiful book! I highly recommend it! Hoping I get a chance o read this one too!

      Delete
  3. Ooooo how fun! I have so many unread books on my Kindle :(

    ReplyDelete