Tuesday, May 5, 2015
Top Ten Books I'll (Probably) Never Read
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's theme is Top Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read. Let's face it--there are a ton of books on my TBR or popular books that I'll just never get around to...here's my list!
1. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy: I've heard it's fantastic...but...it's 900+ pages...I doubt that's going to happen for me.
2. The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver: I tried. I got a bout halfway through. Couldn't stand it. DNF and I'm not planning on trying to finish it anytime soon. I know a lot of people love this one...but I'm not one of them.
3. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series by Stieg Larsson: I've had several people tell me I wouldn't like it due to violence and abuse, which I'm pretty sensitive to. So this one's a no-go for me.
4. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini: unless you can convince me otherwise, I don't see getting around to this book anytime soon.
5. The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt: again, unless you can convince me otherwise. Based on what I've read about it, I don't think it's for me.
6. The Game of Thrones series by George R. R. Martin: I just don't think it's for me.
7. 50 Shades of Grey trilogy by E.L. James: I read the first four chapters in the first book and that was enough.
8. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold: A lot of people have told me it was OK but not worth the read.
9. The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom: I read The First Phone Call From Heaven and was very disappointed.
10. Anything by Stephen King: that genre is just not my thing.
What are some of the book you'll (probably) never read? Are there some on my list that I should give a chance?