Monday, May 11, 2015

Bout of Books: Bookish Survey

Bout of Books

Today is the first day of Bout of Books 13!! I'm so excited, as this is my favorite readathon!! I'm participating in today's challenge, which is The Bookish Survey.  The Bookish Survey is hosted by Lori @ Writing My Own Fairy Tale. The task is simple: answer these survey questions! Here are my answers:

1. How do you organize your shelves?

I'm weird. I don't organize them alphabetically, or by color or any sort of system, despite my OCD in other things.  I do organize by author though, and size--I like all the mass market paperbacks together, and all the hardbacks together, etc.  I have two bookshelves, and one of them is specifically for books I haven't read.

2. What is one of your favorite book that’s not in one of your favorite genres?

Wild by Cheryl Strayed.  I don't usually get into biographies or memoirs, but this book was absolutely fantastic!

3. What is the last 5 star book you read?

Forget Me Not by Megan Tayte. It's Book #2 in her Ceruleans series. I've read and reviewed both books in this indie author's series and have absolutely LOVED them.  As I've said in my reviews, discovering this author and series is exactly why I love being a book blogger!!

4. What book are you most excited to read during the read-a-thon?

The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins. It has so much hype! Interested to see what it's all about and if it's worth it.

5. What book do you recommend the most?

If you're a frequent reader of my blog, I'm sorry to make you listen to my praise for this book yet AGAIN but my #1 book I recommend is Moloka'i by Alan Brennert. Absolutely beautiful historical fiction novel.  One of my favorite books of all time!

What a fun challenge to start the week! What are some of your answers to these? Happy Reading, fellow readers!

3 comments:

  1. We organize our books in a very similar way!

    I just recently read a historical fiction novel I loved (The Nightingale...highly recommend), and I usually dislike historical fiction. I really need to take your recommendation and try Moloka'i! I think my tastes are evolving and I may enjoy it. :)

    Happy reading! I hope you enjoy The Girl on the Train!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read The Girl on the Train and wow, WOW! I read it like there was no tomorrow. It's a really good choice for a read-a-thon, if you get into it it will be a pretty quick read. You just have to know what happened, who did it, and why.

    Happy reading! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to reading it!!!

      Delete