Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Armchair BEA: Introduction Questions!

Armchair BEA
Since I can't go toe the actual BEA Conference this week, I am participating in Armchair BEA! It's a way to "virtually attend" the conference and connect with other bloggers! I loved this event last year and am excited to participate again! The hosts have created some Intro questions for today, so here are my answers!

Tell us a bit about yourself: How long have you been blogging? Where are you from? How did you get into blogging?

My name is Lori Palmer, and I live in a small town in the state of Oregon! I've been blogging for just over a year, and I love it! I've always loved reading and writing, and friends started recommending I blog book reviews, so I thought...why not? I've loved it and am so glad I started blogging. I've met so many other awesome blogger friends! In addition to reading, writing, and blogging, I also love to dance, and spend time with my husband, black Lab, and four kitties :)

What is your theme song?

Couldn't resist this one! So I am a HUGE Matchbox Twenty fan. I absolutely LOVE Rob Thomas. So naturally, my theme song is a MB 20 song! "Unwell" is one of my favorites and one that I generally say is my theme song. The lyrics are "I'm not crazy I'm just a little unwell. I know right now you can't tell. But stay awhile and maybe then you'll see a different side of me." I totally relate because as an introvert, it takes me a while to open up to people...so...get to know me a little better and you'll see a different side of me :)

Share your favorite blog post on your blog. (aka written by you!)

One of my favorite posts is an essay I wrote for the This I Believe program (which is awesome, by the way!).  My essay is entitled: Books: Never Leave Home Without Them. I posted this on my blog back in December.

What does diversity mean to you?

Diversity is the theme for this year's conference, so I thought it would be a good question to answer. Quite simply, diversity means embracing new
and different people, cultures, ideas, and things. It means celebrating our differences as a positive thing, not a negative thing. 

Take a picture of your bookshelf and share it with us! :) (#ABEAShelfie)

Here it is! My husband built this for me!! I love it so much:)


Happy Armchair BEA, everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! MB 20 makes me think of my high school days - love them! Your bookshelves are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Rob Thomas too. Bought tickets to a concert once years ago and didn't end up going. The tickets are in my memories box. :-)
    Happy ABEA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's coming to Portland, OR the day after my birthday this year!! My husband bought me tickets as an early birthday present! SO EXCITED!!

      Delete