Monday, April 27, 2015

W: West Egg

Welcome to the "W" day of the A-Z Blogging challenge!  If you need a recap on my theme, "Places I Want To Visit: Real or Fictional"  you can read more about it here.  Today, a place called:

West Egg!

4671Normally I don't get into classics too much but I do love The Great Gatsby. West Egg is where Nick Carraway lives in his little bungalow, next door to Jay Gatsby's mansion. I'm normally an introvert and not one for big parties, but since we're in the fictional realm anyway, part of me would LOVE to attend one of Jay Gatsby's famous parties and experience "The Roaring Twenties" firsthand! The Great Gatsby is one of those books that  I didn't like when I read it in high school, but re-read it again as an adult (in my case, before the new movie came out) and ended up loving it!

Are there any books that you read when you were younger and have since re-read and enjoyed?

Or, any other "W" locations you'd like to visit?

2 comments:

  1. Does Washington DC count? lol
    Hmm books I didn't like as a kid but loved later... not sure I have any on this list yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Stopping by from the AtoZ challenge) ;)

    ReplyDelete