Tuesday, April 21, 2015

TLC Book Tour Review: Running Fire


Title: Running Fire
Author: Lindsay McKenna
23280201384 pages, publication date April 28, 2015
Genre: Military Romance

Note: I received this book from TLC Book Tours to facilitate my review. I received no other compensation, and all opinions are my own.

From Goodreads:

Temporarily assigned to the Shadow Squadron in a troubled region of Afghanistan, Chief Warrant Officer and pilot Leah Mackenzie is no stranger to conflict—even if most of her physical and emotional scars are courtesy of her vicious ex. Still, she's got a bad feeling about picking up a team of stranded SEALs. A feeling that's all too justified once enemy fire hits their helicopter and all hell breaks loose…

SEAL Kell Ballard's goal was to get the injured pilot out of harm's way and find shelter deep in the labyrinth of caves. It's a place of dark intimacy, where Leah finds unexpected safety in a man's arms. Where prohibited attraction burns brightly. And where they'll hide until the time comes to face the enemy outside…and the enemy within their ranks.


My Review:




Military Romance isn't normally a genre I read a lot from, but this book sounded really good and I'm happy to report I loved it! This is the first book I've read by Lindsay McKenna, and I really like her writing style.  What I loved so much about this book were the characters--especially Kell, a Navy SEAL.  Not only was he completely swoon-worthy, he was also a compassionate, caring person. Definitely the perfect male lead in a romance novel :) I really liked Kell and Leah together and was rooting for them throughout the book!

 Due to the military setting, the book was deeper than a typical romance, and I really liked that about the book. I felt like the author was trying to accurately portray what life is like for our servicemen and women in Afghanistan, and did so in a respectful way. In addition to the military setting, the book also addressed abuse issues, so it was far from a cheesy, predictable romance (though parts of it were a bit predictable). I was sucked in right away and had a hard time putting the book down!  If you're looking for a steamy romance that also has some action and adventure, this is a great book for you!

Overall rating for "Running Fire": Four Stars

About the Author:


Lindsay McKennaA U.S. Navy veteran, she was a meteorologist while serving her country. She pioneered the military romance in 1993 with Captive of Fate, Silhouette Special edition.  Her heart and focus is on honoring and showing our military men and women.  Creator of the Wyoming Series and Shadow Warriors series for HQN, she writes emotionally and romantically intense suspense stories. You can connect with Lindsay via her website, Facebook, or Twitter!


You can view the full tour schedule for Running Fire here!


2 comments:

  1. I'm thrilled that you loved it! Thank you for being on the tour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I look forward to future tours!

      Delete