Thursday, April 23, 2015

T: Tuscany!

Welcome to the "T" day of the A-Z Blogging challenge!  If you need a recap on my theme, "Places I Want To Visit: Real or Fictional"  you can read more about it here.  I did manage to find a place I'd like to visit, a place called:

Tuscany!

480479Really, I'd love to visit all of Italy, but I picked Tuscany since I needed a "T" location :) Tuscany is a region  in central Italy, and its regional capital is Florence. In addition to all the beautiful scenery and historical sites to see in Tuscany, a main reason I really want to visit is for the food! I absolutely love Italian food, and recently took a cooking class at Carl's Cuisine in Salem, OR that centered around Tuscan cuisine. Carl, the instructor, has taken several trips to Tuscany and knows the cuisine well. For the class we made focaccia bread with arugula and sun-dried tomatoes, pasta with herbed grilled shrimp, and baked fennel. So delicious! I'd just love to travel through Tuscany eating all the yummy food and drinking the wine. I've seen the movie Under the Tuscan Sun, which first made me want to visit the area. Unfortunately I haven't read the book yet but it's on my to-read list! Since I can't afford to travel to Italy right now, I will do the next best thing this summer: re ad about it!

Anyone else have any fun "T" places you'd like to travel?


5 comments:

  1. This is my number one dream. I would love to visit Tuscany some day. Under the Tuscan Sun is one of my favorite movies of all time! I need to read the book sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike :) I'm thinking of reading the book this summer!

      Delete
  2. Tuscany is on my bucket list and a few other places in Italy. Great theme. Just stopped by from the challege to say hi.

    Melissa Sugar
    Twitter @msugar13
    Http://fictiontoolbox.blogspot.com
    Sugarlaw13@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to see some of those recipes!
    A to Z blogger

    ReplyDelete