Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Review: Forget Me Not

Title: Forget Me Not
Author: Megan Tayte
338 pages, published February 2015
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance

Note: I received this book from the author to facilitate my review. I received no other compensation, and all opinions are my own.

From Goodreads:

Death is stalking Scarlett Blake. As if the encroaching darkness in her head wasn’t enough, she’s become disturbingly accident prone. Falling off a cliff isn’t ideal when all you want is as much time as possible to live, to love.

Her fate is horrifying. Unbearable. And inescapable. No one can save Scarlett from The End that’s looming. Not Jude, the Cerulean who is intent on Claiming her. Not Luke, the boy who is intent on loving her.

The clock is ticking, louder with every heartbeat. Now Scarlett must decide how best to protect the people she loves. Will she trust in Jude and the life-after-death he promises? Will she stand against the Fallen, who have her sister captive? Will she carry the burden of her death alone – every headache, every hallucination, every wrenching, aching emotion?

And when the clock falls silent, when the darkness eclipses the light, will Scarlett fight for life? Or will she have no choice but to surrender?


My Review:

Another fantastic book in the Ceruleans series!!  It was just as good as Death Wish--if not better! I was worried the sequel to the first book in the series wouldn't live up to how much I loved Death Wish--but this book quickly put my fears to rest!! I loved diving back into the story and learning more about Scarlett and the other characters, and more about the Cerulean world.  I don't want to give too much of the plot away but this series is definitely one to sink into--the writing is fantastic and the story is engaging. I devoured 75% of this book in less than 24 hours.

What I love so much about this book and series is that it's the perfect balance. Too often paranormal books are just so "out there" and unrealistic that they just don't work for me. That's not the case with Forget Me Not and the Ceruleans series.  Though definitely paranormal, the story isn't so strange that it's hard to relate to. This book really makes you feel--you identify with Scarlett, your heart aches for her in her choices she must make, and you can relate her struggles of love and grief. I feel for these characters as if they were real people.

I can't say this enough--read these books.  They are amazing!! The third book, Wild Blue Yonder, will be published May 31st (cover reveal on my blog May 25!).  I can't wait to find out what happens next!!

Overall rating for "Forget Me Not": 5 stars

Happy Reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment