Tuesday, April 21, 2015

R: Raleigh, NC

Welcome to the "R" day of the A-Z Blogging challenge!  If you need a recap on my theme, "Places I Want To Visit: Real or Fictional"  you can read more about it here.  I did manage to find a place I'd like to visit, a place called:

Raleigh, NC!

I've spent very little time on the East Coast, and zero time in the Southeastern part of the US, so that's what lead me to choosing Raleigh for today's post! I have some colleagues through work that live there and have heard from others that it's a pretty awesome city, so I thought it would be a great pick for the A to Z challenge. As the capital city of North Carolina, the Raleigh area is home to several major universities (NC State, Duke (in nearby Durham) and UNC at Chapel Hill. Founded as North Carolina's capital city in 1788 and incorporated in 1792, Raleigh is rich in history as well as several cultural arts centers.

image source: Google
Anyone been to Raleigh, or North Carolina? Would it be a good location to start my exploration of the southeastern part of the nation?  Or, any other fun "R" locations to visit?

No comments:

Post a Comment