Saturday, April 18, 2015

P: Pacific Crest Trail

Welcome to the "P" day of the A-Z Blogging challenge!  If you need a recap on my theme, "Places I Want To Visit: Real or Fictional"  you can read more about it here. Today's place is a place called:

Pacific Crest Trail!

South Sister
South Sister, in Oregon
Despite growing up in Oregon my entire life, I wasn't familiar with the Pacific Crest Trail until I read Cheryl Strayed's book, "Wild." Spanning 2,663 miles, the PCT runs along the peaks of the Sierra Nevada and Cascade Mountains of the United States Pacific Coast. It runs from the Mexican border all the way up to the Canadian border.  Naturally, like so many others, reading the book made me want to hike the trail--though I know the length of trip Cheryl did would never happen for me! Perhaps a 2-3 day trip through parts of Oregon would work better for me! Central Oregon is one of my favorite places in the world, and I would love to explore this part of the PCT!

Have any of you readers hiked the PCT? Or any other fun "P" places you'd like to visit?

7 comments:

  1. That looks breathtakingly beautiful. I would love to visit there someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely read Wild if you haven't already!

      Delete
  2. No, I never have. It might be fun, though. But only for a day or so. I couldn't do the whole thing.

    Liz A. from Laws of Gravity

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up hiking on portions of the Pacific Crest Trail in my home area of the San Bernardino Mountains, which is in Southern California. I love how each part of the trail has its own unique character. I remember reading a book about the trail with my mom in fourth grade, and marveling at all the beautiful pictures. These days you can go on YouTube and simply enjoy the view without walking the entire length of the trail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! My mom grew up in San Gabriel.

      Delete
  4. A friend and I have talked about hiking for a week next summer! I think it would be so fun!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete