Wednesday, April 15, 2015

M: Molokai, Hawaii

Welcome to the "M" day of the A-Z Blogging challenge!  If you need a recap on my theme, "Places I Want To Visit: Real or Fictional"  you can read more about it here. Today's place is a place called:

Molokai, Hawaii!

3273I know I JUST used a Hawaii location on Monday, but perhaps using Hawaii again for "M" today will help you understand just how much I love Hawaii :) I read Molokai by Alan Brennert a few years ago (here's my review) absolutely LOVED the book. Naturally, it made me so interested in the island's history, and made me want to visit the island. Located northwest of the island of Maui, Molokai is known for Kalaupapa National Historic Park and acres of untouched beautiful landscape. Molokai is 38 miles long and 10 miles wide at its widest point, and most of its population are native Hawaiians, approximately 8,000 residents. I'd love to visit this beautiful island!

If you haven't already, I highly recommend reading the book Molokai!

Anyone know of any other great novels like this one set in Hawaii? I've already read Brennert's Honolulu, and I'm always looking for more novels set in this beautiful place! 

Anyone else want to visit Molokai, or any other "M" place?

Kepuhi Beach, Molokai. Image source: google






2 comments:

  1. It sounds like a vacation to Molokai would give one more of a real Hawaiian experience at a more relaxed pace.

    Visit me at: Life & Faith in Caneyhead
    I am Ensign B of Tremps' Troops
    with the A to Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should definitely visit the island of Molokai! There is a tour of Kalaupapa to learn more of the history and see some of Saint Damien's churches that still hold services. It is a remarkable, peaceful place.

    ReplyDelete