Monday, April 13, 2015

K: Kona, Hawaii

Welcome to the "K" day of the A-Z Blogging challenge!  If you need a recap on my theme, "Places I Want To Visit: Real or Fictional"  you can read more about it here. Today's place is a place called:

Kona, Hawaii!

20594804So if you know me personally, or if you follow my blog at all, you know I have a slight (well, HUGE) love affair with Hawaii. I've been to Maui twice and fallen in love! I love how relaxing it is there--the Aloha spirit and easygoing lifestyle is wonderful. Not to mention the gorgeous scenery, ocean, beaches, palm trees, mountains...love it!  Now that I've been to Maui a couple times, I'd love to explore other islands--and the next one I want to explore is the Big Island! More specifically, to go with this post, Kona, Hawaii. There's so much to do on the Big Island, and in addition to snorkeling and soaking up some sun, I'd love to visit Hawaii Volcanoes National Park!

When I traveled to Maui, several friends recommended the Book Maui Revealed. It is the most fantastic travel book! Great recommendations and ideas, and honest reviews of what to do and what not to do. I recently purchased Hawaii: The Big Island Revealed so I can dream about my next Hawaiian adventure!  I highly recommend these books--they have one for each island.

Anyone else dreaming of a trip to Kona? Or any other "K" locations?

Aloha!

Source: www.onlyinhawaii.org

2 comments:

  1. I've only gotten to see Hawaii on a flight layover, so I didn't see much! I would LOVE to visit Hawaii. Another place I would like to return to is Great Keppel Island off the east coast of Australia. I think that may be the most beautiful place I have every seen.

    Nice blog!

    Visiting from the a to z blog challenge

    Susan
    from ClearingSpace4Joy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete