Thursday, April 9, 2015

H: Hogwarts!

Welcome to the "H" day of the A-Z Blogging challenge!  If you need a recap on my theme, "Places I Want To Visit: Real or Fictional"  you can read more about it here. Today's place is a fictional place called:

Hogwarts!


Image source: Google
How could I use this theme for the challenge and NOT use Hogwarts for H?!  I read the Harry Potter series for the first time last year. I was one of those people who thought the series was overrated , and boy, was I WRONG. I absolutely fell in love with the series and everything Harry Potter. It's such a well written, fantastic series.  Of course I'd love to visit Hogwarts! Hermione is my favorite HP character, and if I could spend the day hanging out with her, that would be awesome!

Now the important question: what house would I be sorted into? Only the Sorting Hat could tell me for sure, but I like to think of myself as a Ravenclaw--they value intelligence, creativity, learning and wit. Though I'm afraid of heights, I'd still love to take flying lessons on one of those fancy broomsticks :)


What would you want to experience at Hogwarts? Or do you have another "H" location you'd like to visit?

6 comments:

  1. Hogwarts!!! Naturally :) What I wouldn't give for a letter...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy to see the excitement over this series. It got a lot of kids reading ....and adults too (my husband was one of them). I didn't warm up at first and only read the first book. Too busy at time I guess, but now I plan to read through to the end. I did enjoy the movies though. That sorting hat was pretty cool!

    Inventions by Women A-Z
    Shells–Tales–Sails

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The series is totally worth reading!! I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  3. A trip to Hogwarts would be fun but I really wouldn't know what the Sorting Hat would pick for me. Have fun 'travelling' on the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember flying through these books when I was around 11 or so...I couldn't get enough. I remember hurrying to the store the day of release to pick up The Order of the Phoenix and reading as fast as I could. Rowling really did a great job with the series (though I must confess I never actually read the last book).

    Really, though, Sharon is right! When I was in 3rd grade or so, I was really into The Hardy Boys mystery serious, as well as Louis Sachar and Beverly Cleary novels. A lot of kids didn't enjoy reading at all, but Harry Potter came along and they devoured those books. Rowling played a massive, MASSIVE role in establishing the modern market for YA lit, if I may say so.

    You have to join in the fun and take some of the sorting hat quizzes. Some are predictable, but some go off of personality types. I remember taking heaps of them as a kid.

    A number of quizzes are online, but I think Pottermore is owned by Rowling herself.

    ReplyDelete