Wednesday, April 8, 2015

G: Guana Island

Welcome to the "G" day of the A-Z Blogging challenge!  If you need a recap on my theme, "Places I Want To Visit: Real or Fictional"  you can read more about it here. Today's place is a real place called:

Guana Island!

http://img1.coastalliving.timeinc.net/sites/default/files/image/2015/02/400xvariable/0315-guana-island-bvi-beach-l.jpg
Image source: Coastal Living magazine
One of my dreams someday is to have a beach house. Somewhere tropical would be awesome, but my "realistic" dream and goal is to have a beach house here in Oregon. I live 45 minutes away from the beach and would love to be able to pop over there for the weekend! Because of my love of the beach, I subscribe to Coastal Living magazine, and came across this article awhile back about Guana Island, a privately owned island in the British Virgin Islands. They do have a tourism website where you can plan your visit, book accommodations, discover fun activities to do there, etc.  There are lots of great places to dine, hike, explore, and relax. All the photos of the island I've seen are just gorgeous--white sand, beautiful blue water--I can feel the warmth from the sun just looking at them!  Though it takes quite a few plane changes to get there (Puerto Rico to St. Thomas and then a boat ride to Guana) and it's pretty expensive, it looks absolutely wonderful!  A girl can dream, right? I've never been to the Caribbean, and this island looks absolutely wonderful!

Any "G" places you'd like to visit, friends?

4 comments:

  1. Hope you get that beach house in Oregon. The coastline is gorgeous but not as sunny and warm as Guana Island. Hi, visiting from the A-Z and new follower here. I look forward to reading more!

    Come check out Inventions by Women A-Z at my blog:
    http://shells-tales-sails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following my blog!

      Delete
  2. I always peruse Zillow for cheap OR beach plots. Found one for 5k, but you had to canoe across the Siletz to reach it. Tempted, but passed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping to look for a beach house in the next 10-15 years if everything works out! It would be so nice to go to the beach and have a place to stay whenever I want!!

      Delete