Tuesday, April 7, 2015

F: France!



Welcome to the "F" day of the A-Z Blogging challenge!  If you need a recap on my theme, "Places I Want To Visit: Real or Fictional"  you can read more about it here. Today's place is a real place, a place called:

Lavender fields in Provence


France!

I've been fortunate enough to travel to Europe, back when I was 15, and did have the opportunity to visit parts of France, including Paris, the Loire Valley, and Normandy. However, there's still so much more I'd like to explore! In addition, since I was 15, I couldn't partake in fun things like wine tasting in the Loire Valley! I'd also love to explore the south of France, in Provence. I took two years of French in high school and another two years in college, and still remember enough to feel comfortable traveling in France.

6454694Since this is a book blog, I can't help but give a book recommendation along with this post. What generally inspires my desire to travel are books I've read either set in that location or about it, and France is no exception. Since I love cooking as well, I absolutely loved "My Life in France" by Julia Child. It is a fantastic book!

Anyone else share my love of French culture?  Or does anyone have any other "F" places they'd love to visit?





2 comments:

  1. I like the book recommendation! Good way to tie your A to Z theme with your blog theme. I want to travel around Europe, would love to see southern France. Heard you can start in Spain along the Mediterranean and hear the languages of Spanish, French, and Italian bleed into one another and you move across the coastline.

    ReplyDelete