Thursday, April 2, 2015

B: Best Friends Animal Society!

Welcome to the second day of the A-Z Blogging challenge!  If you need a recap on my theme, "Places I Want To Visit: Real or Fictional"  you can read more about it here. Today's place is a real place...a place called:


http://bestfriends.org/common/images/master/bfas-logo-sta.png

Those of you who know me or have followed my blog for awhile know that I absolutely love animals. I have a black lab and four cats at home who I love dearly and consider my children. So when it comes to charities, animal welfare charities are my favorite, and one of my most favorites is Best Friends Animal Society, based out of Kanab, Utah.

Best Friends helped pioneer the no-kill shelter movement nearly 30 years ago, and works throughout the country to help homeless pets.  Their focus is not only dogs and cats but horses, rabbits, birds, and many other types of animals. They have a large sanctuary at their headquarters in Utah. There are so many ways to get involved with Best Friends--one of which is volunteering at the sanctuary--which is why Best Friends made my A-Z list!  The hardest part would be not adopting multiple animals....:) Volunteering there is definitely something I want to do in the future!

An easy way you can help this great organization is through Amazon Smile! Join me in donating to Best Friends every time you shop!

What are some of your favorite charities?

Any places that start with "B" that you'd like to visit?


3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great organization. If I won the lottery, I would start a no kill shelter. And give money to these guys.

    Good luck with the 2015 A to Z Challenge!
    A to Z Co-Host S. L. Hennessy
    http://pensuasion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I always say that too--if I won the lottery, I would start a black cat rescue :)

      Delete
  2. I still someday dream of having my own small farm on a few acres of land, and along with that farm having enough space for a lot of pets. I used to want to be a veterinarian, but I personally wouldn't feel able to euthanize animals, even if they were old and sick.

    I've lost count of how many animal rescue groups I follow on Facebook, for dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, horses, donkeys, farm animals, you name it.

    ReplyDelete