Wednesday, April 1, 2015

A: Australia!

Welcome to the first day of the A-Z Blogging challenge! I'm SO excited, as this is my first year doing this challenge. If you need a recap on my theme, "Places I Want To Visit: Real or Fictional"  you can read more about it here. Today's place is a real place...a place called:

Australia!!

Sydney, Australia Image source: Google
There are many reasons why I'd love to visit Australia!  One reason I want to visit is because I love visiting cities that have hosted the Olympic Games-- and Sydney hosted the summer games back in 2000. In addition, I love animals, and would love to see Kangaroos in person! In addition, snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef would be awesome--I'd love to see all the marine life in addition to the beautiful coral reef!

On a personal note, I'd love to visit Australia because one of my good friends from school lives there and is working on his PhD at the University of Adelaide. It would be so fun to visit him, his beautiful wife, and new baby!

What "A" location would you love to visit? Is Australia on your list? Anyone know of any great books set in Australia? I'm always looking for fun reads that are set in areas I want to travel!

Happy Travels!

8 comments:

  1. Great pic! I would love to visit Australia, too. Seems like a wonderful vacation destination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The magic of google :) That picture is pretty darn awesome.

      Delete
  2. I have been to Australia, it is awesome and I would definitely like to go back some day!

    Allyse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!! It's sounds so fun...but that long flight would be exhausting!

      Delete
  3. What a fun theme! I love you're not restricting yourself and including fictional places too. Put me in your travel bag if you head to middle earth, I want to try the Second Breakfast Buffet in Hobbiton. 5 stars on Yelp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can give you a guess as to what the letter H will be... :)

      Delete
  4. Brand new follower here. Nice to meet you!

    I've never been to Australia, but I would love to go. Such a strange, beautiful, unique land.

    2015 A to Z Challenge Co-Host
    Matthew MacNish from The QQQE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for following me! I really appreciate it!!

      Delete