Monday, March 23, 2015

The Great and Powerful A-Z Theme Reveal Blogfest!


This year I am participating in the A-Z Blogging Challenge for the first time this year! My friend Mel over at Double Stacked Bookshelves has participated for several years and has inspired me to participate this year!! I think this will be a fun challenge to motivate me to write more, be creative, and network with other bloggers!

One aspect of the A-Z challenge that makes this fun is selecting a theme for your posts.  They let your readers know what to expect, and allow you to have a clear vision for your posts for the month.  Having a theme also allows your to participate in today's Blogfest!!


So without further ado, my theme is...

Places I Want to Visit, Real or Fictional!
 
I'm so excited for this theme! It combines my love of travel with my love for books--since I'm including fictional places that I want to visit. Also, many of the places I want to visit are because of books I've read, though many are based off some of my other interests. So, throughout April, you'll get to know a little more about me in addition to bookish related topics!
 
Some teasers of my letters to be featured:
 
I: Island Books (from Storied Life of AJ Fikry)
 
M: Moloka'i, HI: based off my love for the state of Hawaii and the book)
 
T: Tuscany (because I've been dying to go to Italy!)
 
 
I'm still finalizing my list, and I'm so excited to share them all with you during the month of April! Interested in signing up and doing the challenge yourself? You can do so here!
 
Happy Reading (and Blogging) friends!!

5 comments:

  1. This sounds so fun! My dream destination is Tuscany. I can't wait to see your post on that one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited (and a bit nervous!) to participate in this challenge!! Tuscany will be a fun one to write though :)

      Delete
  2. Have a great time, Lori - but remember to get as many posts done in advance as possible to leave you time for blog visiting.
    I'm really looking forward to this!
    Jemima

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would struggle to narrow my list down to just 26! I will always be a little bitter than I can't visit Narnia - no matter how many wardrobes I look in!

    Jen www.laceandlunges.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Travel! I love travel stories, and reading old travel journals. I also love imaginary places :) Fun theme!

    @TarkabarkaHolgy from
    Multicolored Diary - Epics from A to Z
    MopDog - The crazy thing about Hungarians...

    ReplyDelete