Thursday, March 12, 2015

Life of a Blogger: Favorite Quotes


 
Life of a Blogger is a weekly event hosted by Jessi @ Novel Heartbeat. This week's topic:
 
Favorite Quotes
 
 I love this topic because I am a quote fanatic. I have quotes dictionaries, a quote journal...love them! Here are some of my favorites!
 
"Let us read and let us dance--two amusements that will never do any harm to the world." -Voltaire
 
"The important thing is not to stop questioning." -Albert Einstein
 
“Curiosity is the very basis of education and if you tell me that curiosity killed the cat, I say only the cat died nobly.” - Arnold Edinborough
 
The aim of education should be to teach us rather how to think, than what to think - rather to improve our minds, so as to enable us to think for ourselves, than to load the memory with thoughts of other men."
 
"There's only us, there's only this: Forget regret, or life is yours to miss. No other road, no other way, no day but today." Rent"
 
And here are a couple directly from books:
 
"Holding Eleanor's hand was like holding a butterfly. Or a heartbeat. Like holding something complete, and completely alive." Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor and Park
 
"You know how Hemingway writes? He couldn't write about this girl's face.Because he'd say something like, 'It was a pretty face.' And that wouldn't be enough. This face needs someone like Dickens,or maybe Tolstoy. Someone who'd take a whole page and spend some time on her eyebrows and her cheeks, or maybe notice the shape of her mouth when she's concentrating on walking with her cane."  Andrew Clements, Things Not Seen
 
As you can see, the themes of my quotes are things I believe in and love: education/reading, animals, and dancing :)
 
What are some of your favorite  quotes?


Happy Reading!
 


4 comments:

  1. I love the educational quotes you mentioned. That quote from Eleanor and Park makes me want to read that book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked them! Oh my goodness Eleanor and Park is so great! One of my absolute favorites. It's definitely worth the read!

      Delete
  2. Great thought provoking quotes! :)

    ReplyDelete