Friday, March 13, 2015

Book Beginnings Friday: After I Do



 

Book Beginnings Fridays is a weekly event hosted by fellow Oregon blogger Gilion at Rose City Reader.  The purpose is to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author’s name.

This morning I started After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid, so it was perfect timing for this meme. I downloaded this book to my kindle at Brandie @ Brandie is a Book Junkie 's recommendation! We like so many of the same books. Here's the beginning:

"We are in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium, and once again, Ryan has forgotten where we left the car.  I keep telling him that it's in Lot C, but he doesn't believe me."

I just started it this morning so I don't have too much of an impression yet but I've heard so many good things and I'm super excited to read it! Watch for my review in the near future! Here's the synopsis:

18775359When Lauren and Ryan’s marriage reaches the breaking point, they come up with an unconventional plan. They decide to take a year off in the hopes of finding a way to fall in love again. One year apart, and only one rule: they cannot contact each other. Aside from that, anything goes.

Lauren embarks on a journey of self-discovery, quickly finding that her friends and family have their own ideas about the meaning of marriage. These influences, as well as her own healing process and the challenges of living apart from Ryan, begin to change Lauren’s ideas about monogamy and marriage. She starts to question: When you can have romance without loyalty and commitment without marriage, when love and lust are no longer tied together, what do you value? What are you willing to fight for?

This is a love story about what happens when the love fades. It’s about staying in love, seizing love, forsaking love, and committing to love with everything you’ve got. And above all, After I Do is the story of a couple caught up in an old game—and searching for a new road to happily ever after.



Happy Friday and Happy Reading, friends!!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good one for me. Thanks to you and Brandi for the recommendation. Hope you'll be visiting my post.
    http://ebogie.blogspot.com/2015/03/knots-crosses-by-ian-rankin.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like the kind of book I adore. The opening lines are so real! I like the book's tagline too -- "Falling in love is the easy part." I'll definitely read this book.
    My Friday post features WHAT WE KEEP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finished it this weekend, it was such a great book!

      Delete
  3. Yay, I'm so excited you're reading this one! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finished it this weekend--LOVED It!

      Delete
  4. This sounds interesting. I'm curious to see where what happens and what they learn from that year apart. I'll have to look for this one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it this weekend and loved it!

      Delete
  5. I've seen this book featured elsewhere recently and it's going on my wish list.

    Here is my meme for this week Always By Your Side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finished it this weekend--such a great read!!

      Delete