Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Top Ten Book Related Problems


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's theme is Top Ten Book Related Problems! This should be fun!

1. I can't stop buying books! I think we all have this problem. I have stacks of books to read at home, but I see a book store...or a book sale...or books on sale online...and I can't stop myself. I need MORE!

2. My bookshelves are packed. My husband even built me a new bookshelf....and it's already packed.  I need an entire room of bookshelves really, but we have a small house....so until then...overstuffed bookshelves are my life :) Or I need to sort through and sell some of my books that I'm not going to reread...but....I can't part with them...lol.

3. My TBR list is endless. I actually have real anxiety about the fact that there are so many books I want to read but I know I won't be able to read them all.

4. Book hangovers. I love that books that give me book hangovers, but it makes figuring out what to read next impossible!
  5. Work/etc taking up all my reading time. 8 hours of reading time a day, gone! Having to cook, clean, laundry, etc? Reading time gone!

6. I go to the library for one book, and come out with five (or more). Oh that one looks good! Oh! So does that one! Pretty soon I have an armful of books.

7. People bugging me when I'm reading (unless its for a good reason). This especially bugs me on my lunch break. Yes, I'm sitting in my car reading on purpose. Don't talk to me. I'm introverting.

8. Always having to carry a big purse because I ALWAYS have to have my kindle and a book with me. A physical book in case my kindle battery dies, of course :)

9. Preferring to read than hang out with (most) people.  With the exception of some good friends/family, I'd really just rather hang out at home and read.

10.When people say "I've seen the movie, I don't need to read the book." Really?!? 99.99% of the time, the book is better!

What are your bookish problems?

7 comments:

  1. Yes! Always carry a big purse! And I too prefer books to people most of the time. I'm just way more comfortable at home. The endless TBR stresses me out, too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another problem I didn't list: hardback books!! They make my purse too heavy!! Thank goodness for Kindle!

      Delete
  2. Awesome list! I can't stop buying books either. There's just so many that I want to rad so I just buy them all! The bad thing is it makes my TBR pile worse. Thanks for sharing.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many books, so little time, right!! :)

      Delete
  3. The only good thing about work is that it means more money for buying books haha. Plus I get 1 uninterrupted hour of reading each day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excatly!! Haha. Gotta have money to buy books! And I absolutely LOVE reading on my lunch break! Favorite hour of the day!

      Delete
  4. Wow, great list. I agree with all of these so much!

    ReplyDelete