Friday, February 13, 2015

Review : What Happens in Tuscany

What Happens in Tuscany...Title: What Happens in Tuscany
Author: T. A. Williams
Ebook, published January 2015
Genre: Contemporary Romance

Source: I received this ebook from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.

From GoodReads:

From rainy England…
Katie never imagined her life was perfect. But when she finds herself on a rainy street, soaked to the bone and with only a cheating boyfriend and a dead-end job keeping her in town, she knows something has to change. Which is what leads her to Iddlescombe Manor, to be companion to Lady Victoria Chalker-Pyne – the only 25 year old Katie’s ever met who hasn’t heard of Twitter, thinks camisoles are de rigueur, and desperately needs an education in the 21st century!

…to the Tuscan sun!
But it wouldn’t be an education without a summer holiday – and where better than Tuscany? Decamping to Victoria’s family villa, it’s soon clear that the valley really does have it all: sun, sea…and some seriously gorgeous neighbours. The only question is: when the weather’s this hot, the wine is this smooth and the local men are this irresistible…will Katie ever want to make the journey home?


My Review:

What drew me too this book was the setting--lately I've been obsessed with everything Italy. so this was the perfect book to lift my spirits in the dreary, rainy winter we've been having. I was also wanting a lighthearted, fun read, and that's just what I got from this book. I also loved the dog on the cover (of course!). It was such a fun read because Katie, the main character was getting to have so much fun--shopping with Victoria, a road trip from England to Italy, staying at a fancy villa without worry about the cost.  I could almost picture myself there, eating yummy food with her Italian friends and Dante (the Labrador). 

The only thing that bothered me in this whole book was how every time Paul's character was mentioned, his first and last name was used. Every other character was just their first name, but Paul was always Paul Taylor, except for in quotes (for example "What is Paul doing today?". Every other time, it was  Paul Taylor.  I tried to overanalyze it and thought it might mean something, but I couldn't come up with anything definitive.

Overall, this was a fun read that's perfect for a relaxing weekend. You don't have to think too much and just relax and enjoy the story.

Overall rating for "What Happens in Tuscany": B

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. That full name thing almost always bugs me! It rarely rings true..who goes around calling people by their full names all of the time?? Lol

    I'm glad you enjoyed the setting. Ahhh, Italy.

    ReplyDelete