Thursday, February 26, 2015

Book Lover's Tag


I saw this post on Lauren's blog A Blonde Librarian, and she tagged anyone and everyone who wanted to participate. It looked like a fun one, so I thought, why not? :) Here goes :)

1) Do you have a certain place at home for reading? 
Generally I'll be sitting on the comfy couch, or in bed. Where ever I feel comfortable at the time! Sometimes if my husband's not home I'll read while eating dinner at the table or something. Just depends on the day!

2) Bookmark or random piece of paper? 
If it's MY book, a bookmark. If it's a library book, usually the receipt they give you with the due date on it. I have this fear that I will return a library book with my personal bookmark in it so I don't use mine in library books...weird I know!
 
3) Can you stop reading anytime you want or do you have to stop at a certain page, chapter, part etc?
I prefer to stop at the end of a chapter. Or at least one of those paragraph breaks or something. Sometimes I don't get that option (reading at lunch, on breaks, whatever) and it's a bit frustrating.
 
4) Do you eat or drink while reading? 
Oh absolutely. Reading while drinking a Pepsi and eating popcorn is one of my FAVORITE things to do. If I'm reading in the morning, I like to drink coffee.   As I said before, if it's just me at home for a meal, I'll usually read while eating that too. I read every day during my lunch break while eating my lunch.

5) Can you read while listening to music or watching TV? 
Yes, if it's not too loud. Usually I'll have the TV on for a little background noise. Frequently I will read while my husband is playing the guitar, and that's quite enjoyable too.

 
6) One book at a time, or several at once? 
I try to do one book at a time but I am definitely guilty of reading multiple at one time. Like now, for instance.  I finished one book at lunch but didn't have the next book with me to start. But, I had my Kindle. So I started reading on my Kindle...and now I'm reading two books. :)

7) Reading at home, or everywhere? 
EVERYWHERE! I always, always have a book with me. Just in case.  As an introvert, reading is my escape.

8) Reading out loud, or silently in your head? 
Silently, definitely!!

9) Do you read ahead or skip pages? 
Nope. Don't want to risk a spoiler!!  I'll look to see how many pages in a chapter, but won't read anything just in case.

10) Breaking the spine or keeping it new? 
I generally like to keep books looking as best they can if I buy them new. If it's a mass market paperback sometimes it's hard not to break the spine. I'm not too picky about that, as long as the pages are in good condition. I hate it when they're dog eared or curled or anything like that. 

11) Do you write in books? 
No way. In college sometimes I'd write in my textbooks but even that was tough for me. If there's a passage in a book I like, rather than write in it, I write it down in a journal, or take a pic of it with my phone.
 
I'm going to follow in Lauren's footsteps and not tag anyone specific, so if you want to do this tag, feel free!! Let me know if you do it too by linking your post in the comments!!
 
Happy Reading, friends :)

4 comments:

  1. I do the same thing with library books (when I used to get books at the library). I preferred to just use the receipt as my bookmark!

    I love this! I may have to do it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cool tag! I'm going to use it in a couple weeks. I needed something to go in a week with a review. I honestly agree with almost lol of your answers! Especially always having a book with me and never skipping pages,

    If you want another cool thing activity I have a recent one on my blog for TBRs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these fun survey/question thingies :D I'm forever fighting the instinct to snack while reading. Nom nom nom! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Popcorn at night and coffee in the morning! Could live on those two things alone if I had to!

    ReplyDelete