Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's theme is Top Ten New to Me Authors in 2014. I'm really excited about this topic because I've discovered some great new authors in 2014!
1. J.K. Rowling : I know, it's so sad that I've just now discovered the wonderfulness of Harry Potter just this year. But on the upside: I LOVED the series. It was a fantastic summer reading project!
2. Colleen Hoover: one of my FAVORITE new authors!! I read Maybe, Someday and Ugly Love this year and fell in love with both books. I cannot wait for future CoHo reads!!
3. Sarah Jio: another one of my new favorites!! Her books are so creative and interesting, and I love that the ones I've read (Goodnight June, Blackberry Winter, and The Look of Love) have all bet set in Seattle!
4. Rainbow Rowell: I read all four of her books this year, and my favorite is definitely Eleanor and Park. RR is absolutely brilliant. Along with CoHo and Jio, RR has made my "must pre-order" list!
5. Stephanie Perkins: I absolutely loved the Anna and the French Kiss series!!
6. Gillian Flynn: I am so glad I read all three of her books this year--I rarely read this genre and I credit her great writing for getting me into it! Even if the stories were like train wrecks you couldn't tear your eyes away from...haha.
7.Heather Gudenkauf: I loved Little Mercies. I definitely want to read more of her books!
8. Gabrielle Zevin: The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry warmed my little book loving heart!
9. Gayle Forman: I really enjoyed If I Stay and Where She Went, and look forward to reading her other books!
10. Alan Brennert: If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you've probably seen my love for his novel Molokai. I read it at the very beginning of 2014 and it's become one of my all time favorites!
Wow! Until I compiled this list I didn't realize just how many wonderful new books and authors I've read this year!! I'm so excited to discover more new authors in 2015!