Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Top Ten New To Me Authors in 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. This week's theme is Top Ten New to Me Authors in 2014. I'm really excited about this topic because I've discovered some great new authors in 2014!

1. J.K. Rowling : I know, it's so sad that I've just now discovered the wonderfulness of Harry Potter just this year.  But on the upside: I LOVED the series. It was a fantastic summer reading project!

2. Colleen Hoover: one of my FAVORITE new authors!! I read Maybe, Someday and Ugly Love this year and fell in love with both books. I cannot wait for future CoHo reads!!

3. Sarah Jio: another one of my new favorites!! Her books are so creative and interesting, and I love that the ones I've read (Goodnight June, Blackberry Winter, and The Look of Love) have all bet set in Seattle!

4. Rainbow Rowell: I read all four of her books this year, and my favorite is definitely Eleanor and Park. RR is absolutely brilliant. Along with CoHo and Jio, RR has made my "must pre-order" list!

5. Stephanie Perkins: I absolutely loved the Anna and the French Kiss series!!

6. Gillian Flynn: I am so glad I read all three of her books this year--I rarely read this genre and I credit her great writing for getting me into it! Even if the stories were like train wrecks you couldn't tear your eyes away from...haha.

7.Heather Gudenkauf: I loved Little Mercies. I definitely want to read more of her books!

8. Gabrielle Zevin: The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry warmed my little book loving heart!

9. Gayle Forman: I really enjoyed If I Stay and Where She Went, and look forward to reading her other books!

10. Alan Brennert: If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you've probably seen my love for his novel Molokai. I read it at the very beginning of 2014 and it's become one of my all time favorites!

Wow! Until I compiled this list I didn't realize just how many wonderful new books and authors I've read this year!! I'm so excited to discover more new authors in 2015!

Happy Reading!





11 comments:

  1. You have a really great list of authors, a lot of my favorites there! I'm glad you discovered Colleen Hoover, Rainbow Rowell, and Stephanie Perkins. Sarah Jio tops my list for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many of these are thanks to your recommendations!!!

      Delete
  2. Great list! I read Rainbow Rowell and Gayle Forman for the first time this year, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a awesome list! I am still currently reading through the Harry Potter series for the first time. I think I am on book #5.
    I have Hopeless sitting on my nightstand but haven't picked it up yet. I am pretty sure when I do my family will be a little neglected because I will want to read it all in one sitting. :)
    I just finished If I Stay last week I need to pick up the sequel.
    I have also read all of RR books, Attachments was my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for Harry Potter! I hope you're enjoying the series!

      I haven't read Hopeless yet--perhaps that will be my goal before Confess comes out in 2015!

      Delete
  4. I just fell in love with your reading taste! Haha I literally posted the exact same thing for Colleen Hoover- you absolutely HAVE to read Slammed, you will love it. I also loved Gillian Flynn's books and can't wait to check out Rainbow Rowell and Stephanie Perkins. Excellent list!!!

    Here is mine :) http://busybrunettesbookshelf.blogspot.com/2014/12/top-ten-tuesday_9.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We seem to have a lot in common!! The rest of CoHo's books are on my TBR list in the very near future! Before Confess comes out in March! Definitely check out RR and Stephanie Perkins. They're both delightful!

      Delete
  5. Gayle Foreman for me too! And hopefully Rainbow Rowell in 2015. I plan on reading nothing but TBRs for as long as I can, so I should have lots of first time author faves next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rainbow Rowell books are a must read!!

      Delete
  6. Wow, such a great list! I love Rainbow Rowell and Gabrielle Zevin. Alan Brennert is fantastic two. I've read two of his novels, but MOLOKAI is definitely my favorite. I felt the same way as you did about MAZE RUNNER. The series was okay, but not my fave.

    Sounds like we have similar taste in books. So glad I found your blog. I'm definitely going to add it to my list on Bloglovin'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Glad you like my blog so far :)

      Delete