Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: The Look of Love




Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine.  The event spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.

This week, I am excited for the release of:

20893363By Sarah Jio
Release Date: November 25, 2014
305 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction

From Good Reads:

Born during a Christmas blizzard, Jane Williams receives a rare gift: the ability to see true love. Jane has emerged from an ailing childhood a lonely, hopeless romantic when, on her twenty-ninth birthday, a mysterious greeting card arrives, specifying that Jane must identify the six types of love before the full moon following her thirtieth birthday, or face grave consequences. When Jane falls for a science writer who doesn’t believe in love, she fears that her fate is sealed. Inspired by the classic song, The Look of Love is utterly enchanting. 

 I've read two books by Sarah Jio, Goodnight June and Blackberry Winter, and absolutely loved them both! I was sad that I didn't get approved for this one on NetGalley, but preordered the book so it will arrive on my doorstep Tuesday! Jio is one of my new favorite authors, and like my other new favorite author Colleen Hoover, I've decided that Jio's books are ones that I'm undoubtedly going to love, so I might as well just preorder them instead of waiting at the library and then wishing I'd bought it when it came out! Excited for Tuesday--this one will be my Thanksgiving weekend read :)

What are you looking forward to the release of today?

2 comments:

  1. Ya know, I've had a couple of friends that have recommended this author's books to me - specifically Blackberry Winter, I think. But for some reason I've never picked any of them up! I always pass by photos of them or even at the library and think AAAHHH I need to read this book! But still, I file it away for a later date. I didn't realize there is another title coming out soon. I think I'll make it a priority to start on the backlist (and maybe this new one) in 2015 since the new year is coming up! Thanks for making me aware of this one and reminding me that I keep putting this author off! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you love this one! I don't think you'll be sorry you pre-ordered it. :) I'm going to buy it in paperback so I have a copy for my shelves, that's how much I adored it! It's a perfect read for the holiday weekend. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete