Monday, November 10, 2014

Review: Ugly Love

Title: Ugly Love
Author: Colleen Hoover
337 pages, published August 2014
Genre: New Adult Romance, Contemporary
Source: Library

From Good Reads:

When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.


My Review:

It's official. Colleen Hoover I my new favorite author!! A book about a gorgeous pilot who lives next door?! Count me in! I absolutely loved Maybe Someday, had heard this one was better and had a hard time imagining that was possible...until I read it!  Once again, I absolutely loved it.  It took me awhile to decide if I liked it more than Maybe Someday, and I came to the conclusion that I did--I really loved how Hoover tied Miles' past and flashbacks to the present and makes everything fit together perfectly at the exact right time--and it wasn't even close to what I expected.

Colleen Hoover's writing is fantastic. It flows well, her characters are real, and her writing made me feel for these characters. My heart ached for Tate when Miles refused to open up to her, and at the same time my heart aches for Miles because it was clear something pretty big happened in his past to cause him to react that way.  Both of Hoover's books are some of my favorites of 2014 because of that--they make you feel real emotion.

I got this book from the library, and while I was waiting I debated just buying it and getting to read it sooner. I learned my lesson--buy all new Colleen Hoover books as soon as possible. They will be excellent and completely worth it.

”God gives us the ugliness so we don’t take the beautiful things in life for granted.” 

Overall rating for "Ugly Love": A

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Love your review!! I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. Colleen is definitely an auto-buy for me too. Can't wait for her next book!

    ReplyDelete