Monday, November 17, 2014

Review: Isla and the Happily Ever After

Title: Isla and the Happily Ever After
Author: Stephanie Perkins
352 pages, published August 2014
Genre: YA Contemporary
Source: Library

From Good Reads:

Hopeless romantic Isla has had a crush on introspective cartoonist Josh since their first year at the School of America in Paris. And after a chance encounter in Manhattan over the summer, romance might be closer than Isla imagined. But as they begin their senior year back in France, Isla and Josh are forced to confront the challenges every young couple must face, including family drama, uncertainty about their college futures, and the very real possibility of being apart.

My Review:

What a fantastic finale to the series! Yet another fantastic book from Stephanie Perkins. I loved that this one was once again set in Paris! What I really loved about this book (and the whole series, really) is how realistic the relationship between Isla and Josh is. It's not farfetched, it's not fake, and the character's feelings are legitimate and real. Perkins does an excellent job with this in all her books. By doing this, her books are just on a higher level of amazingness. When I finished this book I was sad it was over, and sad the whole series was over. I hope Perkins decides to write more about these characters because I'm desperate to know more and what happens next!

I LOVED the ending and how Perkins tied characters from all three books together! I was hoping for something like that and what happened was even better than I'd hoped for! 

If you haven't read Stephanie Perkins or the Anna and the French Kiss series, drop everything and read them NOW. They're that good. Not only are they entertaining, page turning reads, they have depth, emotion,  perfect settings, characters you'll love, and a story that will warm your heart. 

Overall rating for Isla and the Happily Ever After: A

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely review. I couldn't agree more. This is by far my favorite YA book - and I never thought anything would top Anna. Perkins is a great writer and her stories are always so realistic and wonderful. I'm glad you gave this series a try!

    ReplyDelete