Thursday, November 13, 2014

My First Birchbox!

I know this isn't book related, but I'm so excited about this I have to share! I recently started a subscription to Birchbox. I first heard about Birchbox awhile back from a blog I absolutely love, The Small Things Blog. Kate has been a longtime subscriber and always posts about each month's box of beauty treats! As a subscriber, each month you get 5 samples of high end beauty products tailored for your likes based off your beauty profile. You can try out the samples, and buy full size versions if you like them! I've been debating subscribing for a few months now, and finally decided it was time to treat myself each month. The women's subscription is $10 a month, and after receiving this first box, it is completely worth it!


It comes in a super cute pink box!
And yet another super cute box!
These are all the goodies inside!
All the goodies in the box

 
 It was hard to pick a favorite, but after using the samples for a few days my favorite is definitely  the Jouer Matte Moisture Tint in Linen (top left in picture). I like wearing makeup but I prefer a more natural look and this product was perfect for that! It evened out my skin tone and looked great but didn't feel heavy on my skin.  It also lasted all day, and kept my skin moisturized! I also loved the Coastal Scents eyeshadow palette (bottom left in the picture), the colors where exactly the colors I like to wear--and it didn't hurt the palette's name was ballerina! I also loved the Cleansing Conditioner by Macadamia Professional (bottom right, in the picture).  Normally I'm not a fan of two in one shampoo and conditioner but this product worked great!!  I loved the fragrance and how smooth it made my hair. The product promised to shorten my blow drying time, and while I dind't time it exactly, I defintely noticed that it took me less time to dry my hair, and that it was less frizzy after drying it. The only negative I had about this product was that once my hair was dry it felt like it had a lot of product in it--but I liked how it looked so it didn't bother me too much. This product would be ideal for travel!  I love that you can buy the 3 ounce travel size on the Birchbox website. The suki exfoliating  foaming cleanser (top right in the picture) was fantastic as well, I loved the lemony scent, and mhyface was so soft after using it. My least favorite of the samples was the  Essential Elements Wake Up Rosemary Shower Gel (middle picture). The prodcut worked well, but the fragrance of the shower gel wasn't to my liking.

Overall, I was thrilled with my first Birchbox experience! I highly recommend giving it a try--there's no long term commitment so why not treat yourself? My only problem now is trying to convince myself it's OK to spend $38 on a full size version of that moisture tint... :) If you're interested in trying Birchbox, let me know and I will send you a referral from their site!

No comments:

Post a Comment