Thursday, November 20, 2014

Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts: November 20



This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.

1. I'll admit it: I have a book hangover. Ever since finishing Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover and Isla and the Happily Ever After by Steaphanie Perkins, nothing is quite measuring up. I'm currently reading two books, The Search by Nora Roberts and He's So Fine by Jill Shalvis, both of which I am liking, but neither of which I'm loving the way I loved Ugly Love and Isla.  I'm hoping reading Sarah Jio's new one, The Look of Love (which I pre ordered) next weekend will pull me out of it!
 
2. A week from today is Thanksgiving!!! My absolute favorite holiday of the year. It angers me that everyone seems to skip over Thanksgiving and go straight to Christmas (and by everyone I mean retailers, not individual people).  The hubby and I will be going over to my mom's for the day and I am super excited to help her cook for it Wednesday afternoon and Thursday morning :)


Peyton is getting so big! 5 and a half months old

dog treats for Peyton!
3. Peyton is now five and a half months old and absolutely adorable. I'm completely in love with the little guy.  He is so sweet! On Sunday I made homemade dog treats from a recipe I found on Pinterest (here's the link). They we so easy--whole wheat flour, pumpkin, peanut butter, and eggs! Peyton went crazy for them!! Will definitely be making more of those in the future!

4. It's been COLD here. At least for Oregon and for November it's been cold. The last few mornings I've woken up and it's been 23 outside. I know I have readers in much colder areas, but for this Oregon girl, 23 is WAY too cold for me.  I prefer a nice 75 or 80...like Hawaii...:) Today it's finally starting to warm up a bit and be nice, mild Oregon with rain! My favorite!

5. Blogging: I've been blogging a lot less lately than I'd like--my apologies! Work has been absolutely insane and I've just been exhausted! But I promise I'm not going anywhere!!

Happy Reading!





2 comments:

  1. It's so hard to follow up two such fantastic books. I totally get that! I go through those funks a lot lately, it seems. I hope The Look of Love gets you some reading mojo back!

    I love cold, although 23 is a bit too cold. It hasn't even gotten that cold here, in Ohio. But we've already had snow, and quite a bit of it. I love snow until Christmas and then I'm over it quickly. Lol. I love this time of year.

    I love Thanksgiving, too! We do every other year with our parents and this year we're going to my in laws. I definitely miss my mom's meal when we don't go there. Last year I made the meal and my parents came to our house. It was the perfect day and I hope we do that again next year!

    Peyton is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Thanksgiving, too! Such a wonderful, cozy holiday with delicious food that doesn't get as much buzz as Christmas....but I enjoy it more.

    Your puppy is adorable....

    I have Ugly Love, but haven't read it yet....something to look forward to....

    Here are MY BOOKISH/NOT SO BOOKISH THOUGHTS

    ReplyDelete