Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Review: Maybe Someday


Title: Maybe Someday
Author: Colleen Hoover
367 pages, published March 2014
Genre: YA Romance/New Adult Contemporary
Source: Library

From GoodReads:

At twenty-two years old, aspiring musician Sydney Blake has a great life: She’s in college, working a steady job, in love with her wonderful boyfriend, Hunter, and rooming with her good friend, Tori. But everything changes when she discovers Hunter cheating on her with Tori—and she is left trying to decide what to do next.Sydney becomes captivated by her mysterious neighbor, Ridge Lawson. She can’t take her eyes off him or stop listening to the daily guitar playing he does out on his balcony. She can feel the harmony and vibrations in his music. And there’s something about Sydney that Ridge can’t ignore, either: He seems to have finally found his muse. When their inevitable encounter happens, they soon find themselves needing each other in more ways than one…

My Review:

I have read A LOT of hype about this book, and I'm thrilled to report it's 100% true!  I absolutely loved this book. I devoured it in a single weekend.  It was brilliant.  It's the first book I've read by Colleen Hoover and it certainly won't be my last.

The Goodreads synopsis just doesn't do this book justice. The synopsis makes it sound like another cookie cutter love triangle.  But it is SO MUCH more than that.  Sydney and Ridge are such interesting, unique, and multidimensional characters that you easily get enthralled in their story from the first few chapters.  If you're into music, you will love this book. Music and its lyrics are an integral part of this story, and are what make it so unique and appealing. There's more to the story that helps to make it so wonderful, but I don't want to give anything away!

Hoover's writing style is fantastic. It flows, it keeps you engaged in the story. I always try to list both positives and negatives of a book in a review, but with this one, I literally can't think of any negatives. I gave this one a five star rating on Goodreads.  I was sad when it was finished, and I can't wit to read more of her books!

Overall rating for "Maybe Someday": A

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I'm thrilled that you loved this book! It's one of my favorites of hers. One of the things I love about CH's writing is the fact that she makes every book completely unique, like this one having the musical element. I don't know how she comes up with her ideas, but she has yet to disappoint me. I can't wait for you to try more of her books! I definitely recommend Ugly Love and Hopeless. :)

    ReplyDelete