Thursday, October 2, 2014

My visit to Elliot Bay Books in Seattle!

Two weekends ago I took the train up to Seattle to visit my "sister in spirit" Breanne! As part of my Bookish Bucket List,  my goal is to visit bookstores in other cities I visit. Elliott Bay Books was at the top of my list for Seattle--they hosted a World Book Night event last year and I couldn't wait to check it out. So, thanks to Breanne being adventurous with me, we made the trip (and drove in circles a bit to find parking) to visit Elliot Bay Books!

It was quite the charming bookstore! From the outside it didn't look like much but the inside was huge! Breanne and I made our way around the entire store, including the children's and YA sections. I loved the "castle" in the children's section that the store uses for story time--you can see it in the bottom right picture below. The store had a reading room and plenty of chairs and places to relax and read.   I loved all the huge windows in the front of the store that let lots of natural light in (you can see the front windows in the picture on the top right).


I bought two books (of course) and chatted with the person behind the counter. I told them I was from Oregon, and was a WBN giver last year. We had a great conversation.

The two books I bought are This One Is Mine by Maria Semple (same author as "Where'd You Go, Bernadette", which I enjoyed) and The Art of Racing in the Rain, which I still have yet to read but really want to! I really like the edition and cover art on this copy! Breanne also bought This One Is Mine so we're hoping to read them together before we see each other next!




I really enjoyed visiting this bookstore, and glad that I ventured out to a new area of Seattle to visit it! Special thanks to Breanne for being willing to join in my adventure!

Happy Reading, friends!

4 comments:

  1. I've lived in Washington my whole life and have never visited Elliot Bay Books. I should really go and visit it.

    http://innerworkingsofthefemalemind.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I would love to visit other bookstores. I've been to one really great one in Columbus, several years ago. Love all the pictures you took, too. Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be fun! Visiting bookstores all around the nation, as you travel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat looking bookstore! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete