Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Teaser Tuesday


Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading. Here are the rules: grab whatever you're reading, open to a random page, select no more than two sentence (NO SPOILERS), share the title and author, and GO!

Today's Teaser is from What I Remember Most by Cathy Lamb, one of the books I'm currently reading.



"I drove past the steel statue of a cowboy on a bucking horse, through the faux Wild West town, parked in another neighborhood, and tried to breathe in the dark, icy solitude of my car. It had been a busy night, even without the samurai sword attack." (pg 75)



I really enjoy Cathy Lamb's books, and I am really excited to go see her TONIGHT at Powell's at Cedar Hills Crossing in Beaverton, OR! This is my first time going to an author event at Powell's and I am SO excited! Going with Mel from Double Stacked Bookshelves and another book loving friend from our office. Should be a great evening!!

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, the samurai sword thing came out of nowhere LOL

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2014/09/teaser-tuesdays_9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, have a great time!! That's so exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to get to meet the author! I'm too far away to go to any events, but I have ordered books from Powells for well over a decade.

    My TT this week: http://wp.me/pZnGI-cB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun at the event! I love meeting authors.
    I'm wondering what's with the sword?
    Here is my tease - http://fuonlyknew.com/2014/09/09/teaser-tuesdays-80-unbroken-ties-by-m-latimer-ridley/

    ReplyDelete
  5. A samurai sword attack is the last thing I expected in a Wild West setting, faux or otherwise. This sounds like a good story.
    Enjoy your evening at Powells.
    Here's the link to my Tuesday post: Retirement Can Be Murder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Samurai sword attack??? You got my attention!

    ReplyDelete