Thursday, September 4, 2014
Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts: September 4
This is a weekly event hosted by Bookishly Boisterous.
1. I have a Harry Potter hangover. As much as I was excited to be done with my summer reading project...I miss reading Harry Potter! Nothing I've read since has been quite as exciting!
2. Next Tuesday, I get to cross another item off my Bookish Bucket List! An author I love, Cathy Lamb, is coming to Powell's Books in Beaverton, OR to promote her new book! I finally get to meet an author! Obviously, I will blog about it next week :)
3. I can't believe it's September already! I am super excited about this, because I have lots of fun things planned the second half of the month. First, I'm going to Seattle to see my sis Breanne for a long weekend. Then the next weekend my cousin is getting married in Santa Monica. Then, the weekend after that is a beach weekend here in Oregon! I've been looking forward to this all summer! Hopefully will get some good reading time in on the train to Seattle, the plane to Cali, and at the beach :)
4. Peyton is now a 12 week old puppy! He's getting so big. His weight has doubled since we got him 5 weeks ago! We're finally getting some sleep, as he's needing overnight bathroom breaks less frequently now :) Here's a picture of him from last Saturday while we were watching the Oregon State Beavers football game!
5. I've always had dry, sensitive skin, as well as bad seasonal allergies (where I live in Oregon is one of the worst places in the country for allergies) but recently I've got to deal with something even more fun: hand eczema. My hands constantly itch, are red, have little blister bumps...UGH! Using lotion specifically for eczema that has colloidal oatmeal in it which seems to help a bit. Any of you out there have this problem? Anything that works well for you? I'm asking everyone!
6. Fantasy Football (and the NFL) is BACK!! First game of the season TONIGHT!! Clearly I'm super excited :) My husband and I are matched up this week in Fantasy Football so it should be a fun weekend :)
Thanks for reading!!