Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: To Read, or Not To Read?


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is Top Ten  Books I'm Not Sure I Want To Read...basically, To Read, or Not To Read?

It's no secret that my TBR list is overflowing with books. As for many book lovers like myself, the list is never ending. Should I move on to other books, or bump these up my TBR list? Help me decide!

1. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

2. The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

3. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini

4. Crossed by Ally Condie

5. Reached by Allie Condie : Read the first in the series (Matched) but haven't gotten to the last two. Is it worth finishing the series?

6. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

7. Life after Life by Kate Atkinson

8.  Let's Get Lost by Adi Alsaid

9. Save Me by Lisa Scottoline

10. Four Friends by Robyn Carr

Any of these I shouldn't miss?

Happy Reading!

6 comments:

  1. Kite Runner - YES. And actually, have you read Thousand Splendid Suns? Same author as Kite Runner. I liked that one better. I have both books, you can borrow them. :)

    I read Life After Life - it was ok. Interesting concept, for sure. I felt it was fairly repetitive though, and could have been shorter.

    Never Let Me Go is also on my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read The Lovely Bones and Save Me. I have the Kite Runner on my tbr list. Life after Life was just okay for me but some other bloggers loved it, so form your own opinion here. If you want a quick-reading book, I would say choose Save Me. You can't go wrong with that one. Lovely Bones is heavier as it deals with a murdered child. Four Friends, which I haven't read, is supposed to be a good story also, a "women's contemporary".
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember reading The Lovely Bones and it was just 'meh' for me. Not something I'd bump up on my list. I hear so many back and forth reviews on the Matched series and decided I wasn't taking a chance on it, either. Lol.

    I haven't read anything else on your list, although I've wondered about The Bell Jar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah. The Kite Runner has been sitting on my shelf for like 4 years now. I want to read it. I feel like everyone's read it but me but the moment I pick it up, I put it back on the shelf and move to something else. I never seem to be in the mood for it.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked Life After Life, but some didn't. One that has the similar "rebirth" premise, but is much more action packed is The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August.

    ReplyDelete