Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Top Ten Books People Have Been Telling Me I MUST Read


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's theme is Top Ten  Books People Have Been Telling Me I MUST Read!  Here we go:

1. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins: I absolutely LOVED Anna and the French Kiss, which several people recommended in addition to Lola.

2. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins: same deal as above. I can't believe the amazing reviews I've read about this one! Can't wait to read it.

3. Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover: I've gotten so many recommendations for this one and all Colleen Hoover's books.

4. Life of Pi by Yann Martel: People have been recommending it to me for ages, but haven't gotten to it yet.

5. Where She Went by Gayle Forman: I'll admit, I am dying to know what happens...

6. Little Mercies by Heather Gudenkauf

7.The Invention ofWings by Sue Monk Kidd

8. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith: Don't worry, it's on my TBR radar very soon!

9. A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin: everyone's been recommending them, but I'm not sure I have the oomph to get through them all.

10. Room by Emma Donoghue

What books have people been telling you that you MUST read?

Happy Reading!


5 comments:

  1. Another excellent Top Ten, Sis!

    Life of Pi is a good book, I really enjoyed it. And Invention of Wings. Room....hmm. It was a unique read for sure, but probably mentioned how hard it was to actually read. The grammar and flow were off because of the book's narrator being 5 years old. And parts of it creeped me out.

    You've told me that I MUST READ Rainbow Rowell, and Attachments is the next book up in the queue! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to get to Life of Pi!

      And yes....RR books are my MUST READ recommendation to literally everyone!!

      Delete
  2. Great list! 1-3 are definitely must reads. ;) I've been meaning to read Little Mercies - I hear it's fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. George R.R. Martin is so difficult to read! I tried listening to the first one on audiobook and quickly gave up. I'll stick to the show!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read Room. Better yet, get the unabridged audio and listen to it. The readers are superb! To me, it's a candidate for "Best Book of ..."

    ReplyDelete