Friday, August 15, 2014

Bout of Books Goals

Bout of Books
 
Next week is Bout of Books 11! I had a fantastic time with Bout of Books 10. and I'm super excited to connect with other bloggers during this fun reading week.
 
I had some hefty goals for Bout of Books 10--and exceed them (here's my wrap up). My goals won't be quite as high for Bout of Books 11--as most of you know, I have a nine week old puppy at home that takes up A LOT of my free time, so I won't be able to read as much as I did back in March for Bout of Books 10. But, I'm still excited to accomplish some goals and have some fun!

Goals for Bout of Books 11:
 
1. Read every day of the readathon.
 
2. Complete 2-3 books
 
3. Participate in daily challenges and twitter chats
 
4. Track pages read: for Bout of Books 10 I read 847 pages...I'm not sure I can beat this (due to being a puppy mama) but I'm going to give it my best shot!
 
Books on my TBR list for Bout of Books 11:
 
 
*The Vacationers by Emma Straub
 
 
 
 
Excited to get started on Monday!
 
Happy Reading, fellow Bout of Books participants!!
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

  1. Good Luck! Really like your picks! Have you read Harry Potter before?
    My TBR is here if you'd like to see it http://aryathefangirl.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/bout-of-books-11-0-goals-updates/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is my first time ever reading Harry Potter, surprisingly! It has been my summer project and I've loved it so far!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Good luck and happy reading! Can't wait to follow your posts next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John Green is amazing. Well, the two books I've read were awesome (Looking for Alaska and Fault In Our Stars) so I'd hope that books is just as great! Good Luck and have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read those same two from him as well. Excited to read another one!

      Delete
  4. Ooo, Harry Potter! I've seen quite a lot of people choose the HP books for this read-a-thon, actually. I've been planning to reread them for a while and it NEEDS to happen. Maybe during the Christmas holidays!

    Anyway, good luck with all your goals and have fun! :)

    Here's what I'll be reading next week
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is my first time reading the HP books! It's totally worth it, I would recommend reading them! For years I said they were over rated and now I'm eating my words.

      Delete
  5. Love, love, love Harry Potter! You are in for a great read-a-thon with that one. Good luck and enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lori, these are great goals! I'm excited to see how you do this time. I just love Bout of Books--I don't think I can ever miss one. The Vacationers looks interesting--I haven't read An Abundance of Katherines but my friend loaned me her copy. I've only read The Fault in Our Stars so do want to read some more titles by Green at some point. I've got some lofty goals too so we'll see how I do! http://spiritofchildrensliterature.com/2014/08/17/bout-of-books-goals/ Cheers, Katie

    ReplyDelete