Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Sweetness #9


Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine.  The event spotlights upcoming releases we are eagerly anticipating.

 This week's WOW is thanks to my best friend and "sis" Breanne, who told me about this book! Thanks Breanne!


This week, I am excited about the release of:

Sweetness #9
By Stephan Eirik Clark
Release Date: August 19, 2014
336 pages
Genre: Contemporary Fiction

From GoodReads:

David Leveraux is an Apprentice Flavor Chemist at one of the world's leading flavor production houses. While testing Sweetness #9, he notices that the artificial sweetener causes unsettling side-effects in laboratory rats and monkeys. But with his career and family at risk, David keeps his suspicions to himself.

Years later, Sweetness #9 is America's most popular sweetener--and David's family is changing. His wife is gaining weight, his daughter is depressed, and his son has stopped using verbs. Is Sweetness #9 to blame, along with David's failure to stop it? Or are these just symptoms of the American condition?

An exciting literary debut, SWEETNESS #9 is a darkly comic, wildly imaginative investigation of whether what we eat makes us who we are.


This one sounds entertaining!!

What release are you excited about this Wednesday?



Happy Reading!

5 comments:

  1. This sounds really different and unlike anything I've ever read! I love the cover too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! Thanks for the shout out, sis! I'm obviously really looking forward to reading this one too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! This one was all you:)

      Delete
  3. Awesome pick! I haven't heard of this one yet. I have to go check it out!

    Come check out my blog and maybe even hit the follow button? It'd be greatly appreciated! http://bundles-of-books.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, I thought the cover looked sweet but the story isn't exactly sweet. But it is interesting ;)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete