Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Harry Potter Through the Eyes of a First Time Reader: Part 3

In the same week I finished both Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and just this past weekend, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban! This is the third post in my "Harry Potter Through the Eyes of a First Time Reader" series! In each part of the series I will provide a review and commentary on each Harry Potter book. Don't worry--I know some of you haven't read it, so just like all my reviews, there will be no spoilers here!

Title: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Author: J.K. Rowling
435 pages, published September 1999
Genre: Young Adult
Source: Amazon Prime Kindle Borrowing Library

For the last twelve years, the wizard prison Azkaban held a prisoner named Sirius Black--convicted of killing 13 people with one curse. Now he's escaped--and there's evidence saying he's going to Hogwarts.  Harry Potter is no longer safe at Hogwarts--will Sirius Black be captured?  What really happened twelve years ago?

I loved this book just as much as the second one! What I loved most about this one was how the last quarter of the book was plot twist after plot twist. You weren't sure who to trust and who was telling the truth. I had to finish the entire last quarter entirely in one sitting because I was so into it.

Hermione is definitely still my favorite character. My love for her grew even more when she adopted Crookshanks, the crazy cat nobody wanted. Sounds like something I would do! :)

Overall, another excellent book in the Harry Potter series! My favorite quote from the book once again comes from Dumbledore!

“You think the dead we loved truly ever leave us? You think that we don't recall them more clearly in times of great trouble?”

Overall rating for HP #3: A

Happy Reading!

3 comments:

  1. It only gets worse! Pretty soon you'll be staying up until 4am on a worknight because you CAN'T put it DOWN! Fair warning ;) So glad you're enjoying HP.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but I have a feeling the book hangover will be worth it :)

      Delete
  2. This is my favorite book of the series. I love the complexity of the world Rowling creates, and a lot of that doesn't come out until later books... but they still can't compete with this one.

    ReplyDelete