Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Christmas in July Book Swap Reveal!


Kate and Kristen at The Book Monsters hosted an awesome event this moth called the Christmas in July Book Swap! The link to my original sign up post can be found here. After signing up, Kate and Kristen did all the work organizing (Kudos to both of them!) and assigned the partners for the swap. During the sign up process, everyone provided book wish list and other items they liked. Once we received our partners, we got to go shopping and send some book mail!

My partner was Terri from Second Run Reviews. Check out her blog, it's awesome!! As a theatre nerd, I love the theater theme of her blog!! She lives in Iowa, so I was super excited get a partner from a different part of the country!
Second Run Reviews



When her box arrived, I couldn't wait to open it! Inside, I discovered she'd even wrapped my presents (why didn't I think of that?! Sorry, Terri!). Here they are, all wrapped up pretty, including a bookmark and cute card:

I made sure to open the packages first before reading the card, as the envelope dictated :) Here's what I found when I opened the packages!

 
Wow! My goodies included:
 
*We Were Liars, by E. Lockhart (on my wish list)
*The Right Kind of Wrong by Jade Eby (the author is a friend of Terri's!)
*Tazo chamomile tea (love it!)
*a cute notepad from the Marion (Iowa) library
*A postcard and bookmark advertising the YA novel Aberrant by Ruth Silver...and...signed by the author! How cool is that?! Added it to my to read list and excited to read it!
 
 
Terri wrote on the card that she'd met Ruth Silver at Chi-Fi, which I had to do some research to learn more about.  According to their facebook page, Chi-Fi is a convention celebrating "geekdom" for those discovering their inner geek. I love it!
 
Thank you Terri for such a wonderful Christmas in July! It made my day. Also thank you again to Kate and Kristen from the Book Monsters for organizing this fun event!
 
Happy Reading!

5 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures, Lori. Glad you like everything. Have a wonderful day!

    Terri M.
    Second Run Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In addition to reading, taking pictures is another one of my favorite things :)

      Delete
  2. This is so cool! I need to remember to sign up for this next year. Glad you had fun with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I need to check out this Chi-Fi convention. Their website is down but I checked out the link for tickets, looks awesome and I happen to live near Chicago. How have I never heard of this before? I love that wrapping paper and she definitely did an awesome job. Hope you enjoy everything!

    ReplyDelete