Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Book Blogger Quiz!

Who doesn't love a bookish quiz? This one originated from Amanda at Amanda's Nose in a Book,  but I heard about it from Mel at Double Stacked Bookshelves. Here we go!

Top Three Bookish Pet Peeves:

1. When people borrow my books and don't return them in a timely manner, or return them in worse condition, or (the worst) LOSE them. Yes, this has happened. Now I'm really selective about who I let borrow them.  They must love books as much as I do :)

2.  People bothering me when I'm reading (unless it's urgent/emergency, or an epically awesome story or update)

3.  Super small print in books.  It does not make my eyes happy. That is a great thing about the kindle, you can change the font size!

Prefect Reading Spot:
Ideally, on a beach or by the pool in Hawaii! In reality, my comfy couch snuggling with my kitties! But really, I can read just about anywhere.

3 Bookish Confessions:

1. I am currently reading Harry Potter for the very first time. Now that I am halfway through it I am sad I have waited this long! It's a fantastic series so far.

2.  I always, always, ALWAYS have a book with me. Even if I'm just going to the grocery store for something really quick, a book is always in my purse. Just in case. Hence the need to have a big purse!

3. There are very few classics I've read that I've actually really liked or could really get into. Perhaps I just haven't read the right ones.

When was the last time you cried during a book?
The Book Thief--I was super glad I finished it at home. Crying while reading in public would've been a bit awkward!

How many books are on your bedside table?
Currently only two. My cats love to jump up there and knock them over, so I try to keep the stack minimal and put the books back on my bookshelf.

What is your favorite snack to eat while reading?
Definitely popcorn!! I LOVE popcorn--it's my favorite snack. I have an air popper and love popping up a big bowl....and eating it all myself.

Name 3 books you'd recommend to everyone:
Moloka'i by Alan Brennert
Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
Wild by Cheryl Strayed

Write how much books mean to you in three words:
Relaxation.
Escape.
Joy.

What is your biggest reading secret?
I love chick lit. Sometimes you need that light and relaxing reading!

Who are you tagging?
Anyone who wants to participate!

3 comments:

  1. Love this!! My number one requirements for my purse is that it has to be big enough to carry a book or my Kindle (or both). I never leave the house without my Kindle. Doesn't matter where I'm going. It's like an irrational fear that something will happen to it if it's not with me. Or I will have time to read and it'll be the one time I don't have it. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree!!!! It's usually my kindle and a physical book in my purse (in today's case, two books and my kindle, as I went to the library at lunch!)

      Delete
  2. Me! Me! I'm in the middle of a Chunkster and don't have time to post much. I'd love to do a little quiz like this!

    ReplyDelete